cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

(rant) ComCast is the absolute worst in service

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Comcast is supposedly a technology oriented company, yet they cannot manage to ship to me a simple converter box.

I do not accept deliveries at my home, last time Comcast tried, they left it somewhere at my place during a storm and I found the package 6 months later in a running stream after 5 feet of winter snow had melted. This is why I do not accept ANY packages at my house. Any other on-line seller or vendor will ship to my work office of which we receive package deliveries from DHL, FedEx, UPS on a daily basis ... everything except US Post Office mail.

Where I live, no one gets mail at the physical houses or business addresses- everyone and every business has a PO box. My local post office understands this and will even accept UPS and FedEx even with a PO box address, but Comcast cannot get it correct. They say they cannot send to a PO box, but when I try to explain it that they can send to mine if properly formatted that the local post office will sign for it ... but Comcast won't go further because they state UPS does not ship to PO boxes.

When I give them my office address where we get deliveries almost every day, they tell me there is no such address. I tell them it is because they use the USPS data base for addresses and since we do no get USPS mail they cannot go by that and they need to put in the address that I give them which I know will work because we get deliveries everyday. They tell me they cannot fill in an order to an invalid address. I tell them it is not an invalid address, you are using an invalid database.

I get deliveries from the simplest of companies from all over the US yet a mega technology company like Comcast cannot get it right. Amazing.

(rant over)
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.
21 REPLIES 21

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Try to get AT&T to ship period. I ordered a $100.00 item from AT&T a few months ago and the online order went as normal. The next day I received an email that they couldn't identify me and cancelled the order. Soooo, I ordered it again. The same thing happened the following day. I called them which is a real experience since you are never in the right department and no one knows anything. I finally get to a person that seems to have a clue (after an hour) and she said I couldn't be identified too so they wouldn't accept the order. I then said "then turn off my u-verse internet effective right now". That still didn't work as far as getting my order, but I did finally get rid of the wired internet that I was tired of paying for anyway.

AT&T Customer No-Service is amazing.

As someone previous stated "Never Again".
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Tvov
Explorer II
Explorer II
A Comcast rant thread? lol!

My favorite is the fact that Comcast does not have that many actual "employees"... most are subcontractors - even the guys driving around in "Comcast" service vans don't actually work for Comcast.

I was having trouble with very slow internet. Service guy comes out, says he can't speed it up, something about my contract. He leaves. I get on the phone with someone from Comcast, they say I should have a higher speed, they will send out a service guy again - this time I specifically tell them to put the higher speed in the work order.

Service guy calls me this time. Instead of coming out to the pole by my house, he was checking the system remotely. He says he can't give me the higher speed. I ask him what his work order says. He says it states to give me the higher speed.... He, for some reason, still can't give me the higher speed. I don't even know what to say at this point.

I eventually did get it worked out - my contract (small business contract) had run out, and they never bothered to tell me. Made up a new contract and all is well now. We'll see what happens when the present one runs out!

It is just weird, and impressive on some levels, how bad Comcast service is!

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Although we happily ditched Comcast, anyone who doesn't have home delivery of US Mail experiences this all the time. Try getting AT&T to ship to a P.O. Box.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Google up americas most hated companies. They used gate high on that list.

Old neighbors stole from me couple times. Their com cast went out. Com cast guy crawls up telephone pole on my property to fix as 3 houses have com cast connections. I told to leave as there is no easement. 4 months later com cast lawyer after I got tons of junk from them. Now they upgraded to wireless. But I had my fun.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Just schedule an appointment for a service tech to bring out the box.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
They came by my Moms house one day and promised the moon and the stars. It was all lies - anything to get her signature.
When I called to complain they told me to sue if I had a problem.
Never again.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even most of us that live in the big cities know P.O. boxes are necessary for some folks. The bigger they are the harder they eventually fall. Guy objected to my legally required mailings going to an APO address years ago...another dope.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad