cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

recreation.gov app

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
Got a new iPhone yesterday. Some of my old apps that were downloaded with an ID I no longer use would not transfer, so I had to re-download them with my present ID. I could not find Recreation.gov on the App store. When searching, I found this. Anyone know why it's not available or if it will be again?
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4
11 REPLIES 11

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Basically, the former contract ended, the service was put out for bid, and the low bidder won. I don't believe anyone is impressed with the new service providers, but that it the result of poorly written specifications, and the lowest bidder system.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
TXiceman wrote:
Recreation.GOV site is far worse than it was. They need to fire the IT developers.

Ken

prolly the same bunch that did the initial ObamaCare website. with a few exceptions my take is that most govt websites are horrible. hard to navigate and find what you need. feds are the worst, my state (Illinois) a close second and local govt the least worst.

Problem here is that the original recreation.gov site was fine as it was. It was easy to make a reservation, see the CG map, and each site photo, but that sure did change for the "better"?!! I said "for the better" because that's probably why they changed it, but who did they survey on the functionality of it?
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
Recreation.GOV site is far worse than it was. They need to fire the IT developers.

Ken

prolly the same bunch that did the initial ObamaCare website. with a few exceptions my take is that most govt websites are horrible. hard to navigate and find what you need. feds are the worst, my state (Illinois) a close second and local govt the least worst.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had the pleasure of navigating the new >gov site the other evening. I had never had any problems reserving on line. 50 foot sites are now labeled as 30 feet and many many other issues. Hit the back button? You go back all right, all the way back to site #1 to start over.
Gave up, called the next morning.
Puma 30RKSS

beachcomber_1
Explorer
Explorer
I am glad that we kept our campground maps and took pictures of sites we liked . still refer to them. New site is a mess , broke was was good to make it better. LOL

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
It says it isnโ€™t available anymore. I use Google and go straight to their website.

or just save their website on your home page. works like a shortcut.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
No, its not just you..
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
ReneeG wrote:
Be aware that Recreation.gov has changed and is a little cumbersome to use now.

ReneeG is being far too kind! The new campground maps are terrible, misinformative, and incomplete. But that's just me, I guess.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Be aware that Recreation.gov has changed and is a little cumbersome to use now.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
It says it isnโ€™t available anymore. I use Google and go straight to their website.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.