cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

removing annoying program

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
Somehow I got two very annoying programs inadvertently loaded onto my computer. I presume they arrived when I tried to update Adobe Flash Player. The programs are jsf.jsticket.net and fastonlinefinder.com. Both are ad type programs and are a PIA.
I googled how to delete them and it said to do an uninstall program. Unfortunately when I go to my list of programs, they do not show up. I even tried listing hidden files and no luck. So I presume they are piggybacked onto to something else.
I downloaded Junk Removal Tool and it got rid of some other unwanted******but not these two.
Any suggesting on what else I might try to get rid of them?
10 REPLIES 10

Flash does not install adaware/malware browser popup ad hijacks. You could not have downloaded Flash from Adobe's site? Never install Flash or any browser or media plugins from a third party site. It's not unusual for these to contain malware.

Download and run AdwCleaner and Junkware Removal Tool. These are FREE portable apps and don't need to be installed. They will remove most current hijacks, adaware, and other browser based malware.

System Restore does not remove browser hijacks in many cases as it does not fully snapshot browser specific configuration changes.

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Restore your computer to an earlier time, via Windows Restore. These sound like malware.
Download Malwarebytes, then run it from safe mode.

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks shakyjay. Those removal instructions went further that what I was able to find. For those that questioned, I am using Windows 7 pro, SP 1. When I tried to do an uninstall program from the control panel and also through ASC uninstall programs, neither were listed in the installed programs. But it looks like these instructions may just be what I needed. Thanks again.
FWIW I am very careful when updating programs, I try to unclick all that unneeded and unwanted garbage that they piggyback in there but somehow I missed these two. It seems like this type of piggybacking is getting worse.

shakyjay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try these instructions they should help

Fastonlinefinder Removal

jsticket removal
2007 Rockwood 8315SS
2004 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax Diesel
1999 Dodge 1500 5.9L Gas

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 on MSCONFIG RUN COMMAND... This shows what all is loaded in your startup and you can uncheck the ones to load you are not sure of. Been using this method of keeping things out of my system for years...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
jrs1871 wrote:
... The programs are jsf.jsticket.net and fastonlinefinder.com. Both are ad type programs and are a PIA.

Ummm, those are domain names, not programs. Without knowing the real names of the programs, it's going to be very tough. You can run msconfig and look for new entries in your startup group. Or you can try a system restore to before you had the problem.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Are you saying they don't show up in the Control Panel Add/Remove programs applet?
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Revo Uninstaller.....then use the "Forced Uninstall" feature.

Type in the exact name of the program you want to get rid of and Revo will find it and uninstall it.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
I don't pay much attention on the windows side, but the last I remember flash was still unsafe to use. If you uninstall it, most likely the other adware will go with it. I don't have that problem on Linux as it has its own version of flash. That's the best I can do for you.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

KA4EBU
Explorer
Explorer
Which operating system
Don and Pauletta
2003 Phaeton 40RH
2008 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4