cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sales ad prices vs. Store prices

RoadB4us
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry this is a little long - there is a point! This is something that the company seems to be dropping the ball on with regard to keeping up with advertised sale prices at the stores.

A couple of months ago, we received our Trailer Life magazine. In it was a sale ad for Camping World. My DH wanted one of the chairs shown in the ad so we went to check it out at the Denton, Texas store.

We found the chair but there was no sale price on it. We asked about it and they did not have any sale ad information, even though this was the new TL and current ad that was to have started the day before our visit.

The lady at the store kindly went to search the office for the new TL issue since the manager was not there to assist with any knowledge. She never found it. Well, in the meantime, my DH found a different chair - not on sale (supposedly)- that he liked better and went ahead and purchased it.

Well, funny thing - when we got home that same day, in the mail was the full flyer for the latest sale at CW. In that flyer was not only the exact chair we had just purchased - on sale for $20 less than what we paid, but the sale items from the TL magazine. So - we went back on our 30+ mile round trip and they refunded the difference.

I have no problem with the store - they are always friendly and helpful. My problem is that this is not the first time this has happened. Since then, we make sure to bring the advertisement where we see something we want to buy.

Why is there such a disconnect with the sale ads and the individual stores? The stores should be getting this information in advance and with enough time to make sure all the prices reflect those advertised. This seems like a simple fix for the company - and a major breakdown in communication and effective marketing.
14 REPLIES 14

RoadB4us
Explorer
Explorer
That is disappointing that they won't take the internet price now. I don't see the online sales being that great since you still have to pay for shipping. Maybe if they do like other stores and offer free shipping to the store, then I will go online and buy.

I have always thought even driving 30 minutes to the one nearest us was better than waiting on shipping (I like the instant gratification too, of course!).

I agree with you on the merging of the two - I like the fact that we don't have to buy 2 separate memberships.

mike_in_tx
Explorer
Explorer
I just went through the same ordeal with Camping World in New Braunfels this week. I went in to purchase some items that were on sale through the internet, nd they informed me that I could no longer get the internet sale price in the store. I was unhappy to say the least since I had just driven 45 miles to purchase these items, but the sales people were nice and apologetic about the situation. They told me that they had just been informed that they could no longer honor the internet sales prices in the store. I did go ahead and order the merchandise online when I got back home.
I must say that in all the years I have been doing business with Camping World, I've been very pleased. I also have been pleased to see Good Sam and Camping World merge. I've heard many stories about Good Sam coming to the aid of rv-ers, but fortunately have not had to call on them myself.
Mike

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
jdog wrote:
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
jdog,

Please check you PM. I have sent you a message, I also posted on you last post concerning similar problems. I would be happy to help. Look forward to helping you in this matter.

Mark F
Marcus' Rapid Response Team
goodsamcs@goodsamfamily.com

Thanks for your reply, but just let it go. It's O.K. I really don't care.

wow!!!!
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

jdog
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
jdog,

Please check you PM. I have sent you a message, I also posted on you last post concerning similar problems. I would be happy to help. Look forward to helping you in this matter.

Mark F

Thanks for your reply, but just let it go. It's O.K. I really don't care.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
jdog,

Mark F

jdog
Explorer
Explorer
Vacaville, Ca. CW does NOT honor internet prices because they said the Internet CW is separate from their store. Different company? They are always in the dark! They will tell you anything they feel like!

roundown8366
Explorer
Explorer
CW in the last 6 months or so has been very customer friendly to me, whether in the store or ordering over the net. Still not trusting the service dept, yet.

Disclaimer: not an employee, advertiser or associated with CW in any way. I say this to save some posters their valuable time and thoughts.

Dean

RoadB4us
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I learned from this - always bring the ad. That is good to know about the internet. I wondered about that since it has those internet only sales.

For the regular sales, they have never given me any trouble with honoring the price as long as I show it. Just seems like there should be better communication. I don't expect them to be like Best Buy where they can look it up for you on the internet but at least they should let the stores know there are sales going on.

I have a hard time paying full price - there is always something about a sale - especially for things for the RV! It's a little easier to justify! ๐Ÿ˜‰

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes their internet prices are lower than their store prices are as well. But if you can show them the difference, they will honor the lowest price. Which is what i've done a couple times. Either bring the ad with you or show them it on your phone. And be sure to check the coupons in your account on the GS website, there might be something there that will give you additional savings.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

RoadB4us
Explorer
Explorer
wow- good one. You got me--- I have been spending all my free time traveling around with my family just waiting for a perfect moment to plug for CW.

thanks for checking on me, I was waiting for someone to call me out! LOL

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like a CW plug to me. 1'st post ever.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

RoadB4us
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Mark, for the quick reply.

We definitely rely on the sales at Camping World and I have to say the prices seem to be better than they used to be, especially on sale. The benefits of being in the GSC (no longer President's Club) definitely make it worthwhile and we consider the special pricing a perk; no different than joining Costco, for that matter.

Thanks again!

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I gave up on CW back in the 80's. I have before that time ordered a lot of things from CW but I found out I could get things from my local dealer, faster, cheaper, not having to join the presidents club and pay no freight.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
RoadB4us,

Thank you for your time and post. Very sorry for the problems within our communication. I will be forwarding your message to the executive team for review.

Mark F