cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Satellite with National Channels

derh20
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at installing a roof dish. I understand that to get NBC, CBS, ABC, i need to get DNS services and sign an affidavit stating it is being used in a motorhome, etc. I called Dish networks and was told they do not offer DNS services. That leaves me DirectTV which does offer DNS services. But, I don't like there contract which states you can only suspend the service for a max of 6 months per year. Since we are not on the road 6 months a year, we will be paying for a service we don't use. QUESTONS: Are my statements above accurate? Is there a better alternative? Obviously I can use my regular antenna to pick up local channels, but often I am out of range and that is why I am considering an satellite.
19 REPLIES 19

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you go with Dish you can call (on line chat even better) and give them your current location with a physical address and zip code. In no time you will have locals. If you move often this is a real pain. If not, it should work just fine. If you move "a lot" you might just stick with satellite TV for all the cable channels and your Batwing antenna for the locals. Once you are going to be in one place for a week or so you can call Dish.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
As said above, dish has locals and there is almost always abc, nbc, cbs and Fox among others.

JoeGood988
Explorer
Explorer
I pay $5 a month extra for local channels where I'm parked. If I'm 300 miles from Denver, I'll still get Denver channels and if there are any closer channels.,...,you have a billing address and a service address...evry time you park for a period of time, you change the service address...you have to call DTV to have them turned on but I've been doing it for 10 years
2003 3330 Jayco Legacy

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
derh20 wrote:
I understand that to get NBC, CBS, ABC, i need to get DNS services and sign an affidavit stating it is being used in a motorhome, etc. I called Dish networks and was told they do not offer DNS services.

DNS (Distant Network Services) just means you'll get NBC, etc from either the West or East Coast.

With DISH you can get local stations (NBC, etc) via satellite by just calling DISH and changing your "Service Address" to your current campground.

If you must have the East or West Coast network stations, then sign up for DirecTV.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you thought about simply getting Directv at home too?