cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sirius Radio Tuner Search

MollyWinnebago
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a M9SIR Tuner for a Magnadyne M9900CDS "Sirius Ready" Radio. This radio is in a 2007 Winnebago Journey and the Sirius option has never been activated (no tuner). Would appreciate any and all help and suggestions! I've already talked to Magnadyne support folks - this radio and the tuner were discontinued when Sirius and XM merged. No help on Ebay either.
5 REPLIES 5

MollyWinnebago
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for your input/suggestions. Looking in to all of them. Sirius says they have a "universal" tuner that will work - SVX-300V1 - $69.91 + tax includes 3-months free Sirius service. Anyone have any experience about these "universal" products?

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
scrubjaysnest wrote:
We found Sirius to be a waste of money. They keep changing programming and channels around without warning and it doesn't work in Alaska. No reasonable to suspend service when a vehicle sits unused for months.
MP3 player and aux jack is what we use.

I'm not sure how this answers the OP question. What might be a waste to you may have value to someone else.

As one suggested, a newer radio might be the best option. You might also consider one that has a removable tuner head that could be used in another vehicle or portable unit when not using the rv.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I would think a whole new head unit would be a better investment. Find one that has the features you want. The people at Crutchfield can help with that. Your current system is 1.5DIN size. I don't know if it uses an adapter and the opening is double DIN size or custom built for 1.5DIN. So a single DIN size with adapter would work, or maybe a double DIN dsize without an adapter. Again, a call to Crutchfield will help walk you through what you need.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
We found Sirius to be a waste of money. They keep changing programming and channels around without warning and it doesn't work in Alaska. No reasonable to suspend service when a vehicle sits unused for months.
MP3 player and aux jack is what we use.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

Moved from Forum Technical Support