cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

State of trip planning software

markm1
Explorer
Explorer
We've been seasonal for the past 5 years, so haven't had to plan a trip in awhile.

Ideally, I'd like to find a web/based service that can:
- suggest a route from A to B
- based on hours/miles, show estimated stop points
- help suggest things to see/do along the route, x-miles off the route detour type of stuff
- save the trip, things you want to stop at, etc, and ideally push it to a google maps navigable leg

Years back I used a variety of software on the laptop, websites, etc. None of it was ever really any good. Especially planning legs based on drive time, and finding things along the way.

Google Navigation is great, but I never found a good way of telling it "nope, not taking that highway, route me around that city" type of stuff. Could do it online, but the mobile just recalculated A to B all the time.

I tried a few "along the way" tools a few years back on a road-trip to Ohio, and they still kinda sucked ๐Ÿ˜ž
5 REPLIES 5

Dave5143
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking at Furkot. It's a web-based trip planner with a plethora of features that make it useful. One of the most useful for me is the ability to set time and distance limits for each day's travel. It would be nice if it listed RV Parks near each stopping point but they're working on it. Check it out.
Dave & Mary

2012 Denali 289RK
Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke 6.7L Diesel

LandYachtReviva
Explorer
Explorer
RVing for 10+ years - 100,000+ miles.

I had been using Microsoft Streets & Trips for many years but it was discontinued about 2 years ago. I still have the 2013 version on my laptop but the POIs are outdated.

I, too, found RV Trip Wizard the closest to MS S&T.

Joe
Revival
2010 Four Winds Chateau

KE5LU

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
WNYBob wrote:
Goodsam Trip Planner is a start, and it's free!

X1 and I use the Diesel RV Garmin which gives you continuous info i.e miles to destination, time of arrival, MPH. The garmin voice command feature is great since you can make adjustments without using your hands:)

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Yah, I use RV Trip Wizard (Wiz), $39 yr but worth it in my opinion.
Reportedly like Goodsam, but a little better and SAM is free, Wiz isn't'

Plus, Wiz, you can export the files to post in Google or uMap for posting blogs etc..
Don't know about SAM

https://www.rvtripwizard.com

Hope that helps
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Goodsam Trip Planner is a start, and it's free!