cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Mobile Coverage

Community Alumni
Not applicable
What has your experience been with T-Mobile as you travel around? How is the coverage along the highways, semi-rural and rural areas?

We travel extensively and have been very satisfied with Verizon coverage, however, our Verizon plan offers little in terms of data and increasing it is pricey for our overall needs.

T-Mobile offers some decent plans that will allow us to get considerably more data for the same amount of money we currently spend with Verizon.

I don't want to take the plunge and find out when we hit the road I made a big mistake.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.
19 REPLIES 19

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
One suggestion, dont change both lines if you have two. Having one on each system will help occasionally.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
T-Mobile is merged with Sprint for several months now. I have had Sprint for many many years (remember the red "candy bar" Nikia phone ?) and have never had a coverage problem, but then again, I don't go "far off the beaten track".

Older T-Mobile phones won't work with Sprint towers and vice versa.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I’m a T-Mobile customer and their service is okay. Was throttled only once by one of their contractors in Death Valley in 2018.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another option is Visible $40/mo unlimited, no contract, uses Verizon network and is supposedly a spinoff of Verizon. No throttling tho excessive use of a single cell tower can result is a slowdown on that tower only. I haven't seen that but I only use about 40GB/mo. They have a party plan where you can knock you cost down to $25/mo. I had extensive dealings with their tech support last summer and they were adequate if you use the chat function. You have to use a phone they support or buy one from them. They will send a free SIM if you have a supported phone.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Well if you are a member of FMCA you can get the TMobil/Sprint for $50 a month unlimited and no throttling. We used it all over the country and it worked good enough to stream tv.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie