cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tailgater at home

Paul_G_
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering if anyone uses a Tailgater dish for home use when not out and about. Pros & Cons please.

Thanks.

Paul...
6 REPLIES 6

LewBob
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
With an OTA antenna connected to a 211k, or a 211z with the optional OTA module, you can watch one channel while recording another. As long one channel is OTA and the other channel is satellite.

Does the 211k have built-in OTA capability and the 211z require an option for OTA?

Lew

2015 Casita Freedom Deluxe
2012 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." --Bob Seger (Against the Wind)

runaways
Explorer
Explorer
Tailgater is the only thing we use both at home and on the road. Also have the external hard drive for recording and pausing.

charlysmom_dad
Explorer
Explorer
We use the tailgater in the screenhouse during the summer. We have a 211k receiver out there. We don't need to record anything out there.
We sometimes hook it up to the 211k in the motorhome in the driveway.We have an ext hard drive on that one.
Everything works well. I can't think of any cons.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
BB_TX wrote:
I don't use mine at home but have connected it at home to verify it was working. No reason you couldn't leave it there though.
By adding an external hard drive (less than $100) to the receiver it becomes a DVR.
But it only works with a 211 receiver so is a single channel receiver meaning you can't watch one program and simultaneously record another.

With an OTA antenna connected to a 211k, or a 211z with the optional OTA module, you can watch one channel while recording another. As long one channel is OTA and the other channel is satellite.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I don't use mine at home but have connected it at home to verify it was working. No reason you couldn't leave it there though.
By adding an external hard drive (less than $100) to the receiver it becomes a DVR.
But it only works with a 211 receiver so is a single channel receiver meaning you can't watch one program and simultaneously record another.

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Been wondering myself. DH reminds me the receiver does NOT record......I like the record and rewind feature......
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend