cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tv/dvd through main speakers

skyhawk208
Explorer
Explorer
Can someone explain to me how to run my tv and dvd player through the main speakers. I have a single din cd player that I use to play the radio through my speakers in the ceiling and on the outside of the trailer. I also have a tv and a dvd player that are separate. When the heater or a/c is on it drowns out my tv. Is it possible to play the tv through the other speakers? Thanks for the help.
4 REPLIES 4

skyhawk208
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, this is good info. I think I have it figured out.

yankee_camper
Explorer
Explorer
I have a JVC single din stereo/cd player. I connected the 3.5 mm rca connector to the back of the stereo and ran it thru the ceiling (what a PIA that was)to the tv and plugged into the headphone jack on the tv. Now I can watch/listen to the tv in almost what is almost surround sound. Just tune the stereo to Aux. I don't know about other systems but at least on mine I can control the volume with either the tv or stereo remotes. Very nice clean set up.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
If your RV radio has aux input, a 3.5mm to stereo RCA adapter link linked above is what you need. If you do not have a 3.5mm aux input on the front of your radio, you may in the back. You can pull that out and look for what type of connectors are on the back. You can find a clue in there is any kind of aux input "mode" (like FM/AM/CD/NOAA/AUX).

If there is no aux input, you may just need better speakers. Computer speakers systems are powered and reasonable cost. My RV sound system sucks. I thought about replacing the no name radio/DVD player, but then the speakers still suck. So I picked up a portable Bluetooth speakers which has been used almost daily between home and camping.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a Line Input for the stereo? 3.5mm connection. RCA out from TV, convert to Line Input to stereo would be the easiest solution.

Amazon patch cord