cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Using Directv HDDVR versus SDDVR

dontexas
Explorer
Explorer
Want to use our HDDVR in TT instead of our SDDVR previously used.

Dish is 18 by 20 model AU2F3. HD receiver is HR24-100. Am I good to go ???
Don & Donna Myers
2012 Nomad Joey 260
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
22 REPLIES 22

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
dontexas wrote:
Want to use our HDDVR in TT instead of our SDDVR previously used.

Dish is 18 by 20 model AU2F3. HD receiver is HR24-100. Am I good to go ???

There is NO HD available with that antenna. It will only receive 101, 110 and 119 and you need 101 plus 99 and 103. 110 and 119 are no longer of much use.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
You need the oval dish to receive the HD chanels
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
If by three you mean three several inchs apart then for HD you need to replace with a SL3 LNB which will bolt on. I use this combo instead of the large slimline dish and a expensive tripod.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Triple LNB probably 4 outputs? Then you should be OK. Will just need to run two Coaxnto each receiver. As an alternative I would suggest instead upgrading to a wireless Genie and a slave for each TV you want. This, among other things will only require one coax from the dish and allow recording up to 5 programs at once.

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not a Direct subscriber, but it sure sounds to me that you're good to go.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

dontexas
Explorer
Explorer
donno128 this is a 3 lnb dish....... Worked fine on SDDVR....
Don & Donna Myers
2012 Nomad Joey 260
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
The oval dish is good to capture all three birds. The LNB may or may not be. What LNB do you have?

aslakson
Explorer
Explorer
I'm guessing that the dish will only get the 101 satellite like the 18" round ones - so you won't get any HD programming, but the receiver will work just fine once you get the antenna setup correct. And while it will only receive and record SD, it will play back any HD content you've already recorded.

al
Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 47 of the lower 48 so far.