cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What cellular company?

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
What cellular company you have.Good coverage? How much you pay?.My ATT bill is $250 for 3 line and I think that toooo much.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023
30 REPLIES 30

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We switched to Verizon for coverage and have never looked back.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
Another Straight Talk user here. Coverage is good in most areas...I think they use the AT&T network. $47 with tax and unlimited everything. I've had them 3 years and no complaints.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
We use Consumer Cell. which works on AT&T. $45 a month for 2 smart phones and 3 GB data. We add or remove the data (Up to 20GB) as we need via their web site. You'll also need a hotspot like "straight talk" on the Verizon network for total Data coverage. We also get a 10% discount for AARP.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
buc1980 wrote:
What cellular company you have.Good coverage? How much you pay?.My ATT bill is $250 and I think that toooo much.

T-Mobile 55+ plan. $70/month-exactly- 2 lines of unlimited everything. Can be used as a hot spot for unlimited 3G service or an extra $10/month for 10GB of 4G hotspot. $25/month gives you unlimited 4G hotspot service.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

trb46
Explorer
Explorer
We just changed to an AT&T unlimited plan (talk, text, and data) for two lines; cost is $75/month per line. Also includes 15gb/month/line for hotspot use. I got tired of watching data usage when traveling so thatโ€™s why we went unlimited.
2011 Four Winds 23A
Only 48 more states to visit!

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Peggy and I and our great-granddaughter use Tracfone. They operate on the Verizon towers, and we spend maybe $20/month for all three of them. But we use them pretty infrequently.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
Little known secret is Cricket. It duplicates ATT but at much less cost. The unlimited plan allows 4 lines at $100 or $55 for one line. The only difference we have found from ATT is no option for the watch with iPhone. $10 extra for hotspot is available. Our son has T-mobile and has good coverage in metro areas, but found no service in parts of the Midwest.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We all (4 of us) have Straightalk phones. We bought the phones, service is $45 per month for 25 gig of data, unlimited calling, unlimited texting. We work on VERIZON towers and have had service everywhere we have been on the east coast, except for Eastern Kentucky. Not many cellular network towers there.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Most people would say Verizon has the best coverage, AT&T probably #2 and Sprint is bringing up the rear. If you are in a heavily populated area, the coverage is about the same from all companies. Some might have better 4G coverage than others. It is when you get in more rural areas that things go down hill.

I have a friend who lives about 10 miles outside of a smallish town in SE MI. I lose Sprint about a couple of miles off the highway (I-275). My buddy has AT&T and he say he only has a weak signal when he is outside of his house.

Driving from SE MI to Traverse City, I don't think I ever lose signal from Sprint and in Traverse City it is strong enough for my cell phone to act as a "hot spot" and I can stream videos.

Your $$$/month is crazy ! One reason I stay with Sprint is that I am now using Ting. Ting is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that rides on top of the Sprint network. 2 iPhone and a "dumb" phone (3 total) and my monthly bill is almost always under $60 !

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dw and I have Total Wireless on Verizon towers. Unlimited talk and text and 15GB data for $60 month for two lines. Great service.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I both have smart phones on the Sprint network. We have 2GB of data per month between us but texts and calls are unlimited. We pay about $66 per month total.
I've found coverage to be excellent. Only twice in the last 18 years have I been anywhere that someone else's phone worked but mine did not.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
we have 4-devices with Verizon paying a bit over $100 p/m. when we travel i bump up our data plan to 22-mb which adds another $65 or so.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our verizon bill is 260 a month, but thats for 6 devices.
Unlimited on verizon works out to about 45 dollars a month unlimited.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
We switched from ATT to Verizon. $110 / mo. for two iPhone 8โ€™s (BOGO), unlimited data with hot spotting on the phones for our iPads.

They have senior plan in some states. Florida does.

I think Verizon has better coverage overall but we stay at a specific place in WVA every year and coverage was better with ATT.

Cell coverage in WVA is spotty in the mountains.

No signal for ATT in most of Ocala Forest, no problem with Verizon.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

festag
Explorer
Explorer
We have T-Mobile and we are on the Unlimited 55+ Plan. Gives us unlimited talk, text, and data for two lines for $148 per month, but $60 of that is to finance our iPhones and $28 is for device protection insurance.

Coverage is good in the areas we have been. May not have as much coverage as Verizon but we are happy with the service. I especially like it when we are at a campground and their WiFi is not up to par or they do not allow streaming. In these instances we use one of our phones as a hotspot to stream YouTube and Netflix.
Guy and Georgia :W
2019 Fleetwood Southwind 36P