cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WIFI Light Switch

jisaiah14
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone! Been on and off the forums for a while now, but this is my first post.

I have a 2018 Big Country 4011ERD and I am looking to add some simply smart functions to it starting with the lights. I was wondering if anyone knows of any WIFI switches that would be direct replacements for the standard light switches. If not, does anyone know of any WIFI switches that will work as replacements? I have about 6 light switches I will want to upgrade.

Thanks for any and all help in advance!
28 REPLIES 28

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oh I found another Wireless (key fob) light switch.. One of the two I had was kind of like this... This one has 4 circuits two are ON/OFF and two (on)/off (on) means momentary.. My plan was to use it as a remote slide out controller but alas.. I had issues (the momentary ones) The on/off would work for lights.

https://www.allelectronics.com/item/rm-09/12-vdc-remote-control/1.html
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jisaiah14
Explorer
Explorer
2112 wrote:
You will need the ground to connect to the black Input wire of the controller for it to work.

Ah, gotcha. My brother who is very knowledgeable with electrical work will be wiring it all up. I was just curious. Trying to learn as I go.

Explorer II
Explorer II
You will need the ground to connect to the black Input wire of the controller for it to work.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

jisaiah14
Explorer
Explorer
2112 wrote:
That will work.

I keep harping on the ground because I wanted to install a dimmer on the bedroom light. There wasn't a ground available and pulling one would have been difficult.

So, is the ground wire just for dimming purposes?

Explorer II
Explorer II
That will work.

I keep harping on the ground because I wanted to install a dimmer on the bedroom light. There wasn't a ground available and pulling one would have been difficult.
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

jisaiah14
Explorer
Explorer
2112 wrote:
jisaiah14 wrote:
I just found this one. Thinking of getting some of these since they are 2 channels and using them. Will they work with my 12v lighting?

https://a.co/d/5A5sOQM
That should work.

Do you know if a ground is available at the switch? You'll have to pull one if not.

Otherwise you'll be better off with the singles and and install them at the light fixtures

One is not ran to the light switches, but there is a ground available that is ran into something else that I can tap into in the same location.

Explorer II
Explorer II
jisaiah14 wrote:
I just found this one. Thinking of getting some of these since they are 2 channels and using them. Will they work with my 12v lighting?

That should work.

Do you know if a ground is available at the switch? You'll have to pull one if not.

Otherwise you'll be better off with the singles and and install them at the light fixtures
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Explorer II
Explorer II
jisaiah14 wrote:
https://www.rv-intelligence.com/product/pigtail-adapter/

Would these work by any chance?
I believe this is just a wiring adapter to the actual smart relay device
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

jisaiah14
Explorer
Explorer

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
jisaiah14 wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:
I have not seen Wi-Fi switches for 12 volt. 120 yes 12 no.

I've seen RF-Remote for 12 volt.. But not Wi-Fi.

Do you happen to have a link to the RF switches?

I got mine from Wish.Com not always the best source (you kind of pay your money and take your chances) but I've had fairly good luck. Most stuff comes from China by slow boat

One circuit switch

4 Circuit switch #1

4 Circuit Switch #2

They have others but I searched their site for 12 volt wireless remote switch.

You might find more with a google search.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jisaiah14
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.rv-intelligence.com/product/pigtail-adapter/

Would these work by any chance?

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
its not the same remote system mine came from a cheep ebay china supplier its basically the same as the one i linked but all my relay switches are on one board

Explorer II
Explorer II
shastagary wrote:
I pointed this one out to my wife and she says She Wants That. So I'll be the guinea pig and let you know how well they work. I'm ordering the 10 module package

i use a 6 switch rf remote with 3 remotes in my rv .....
This same model from the same manufacturer? 8 years is a good track record.
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
I pointed this one out to my wife and she says She Wants That. So I'll be the guinea pig and let you know how well they work. I'm ordering the 10 module package

i use a 6 switch rf remote with 3 remotes in my rv to control 5 different speeds plus off of a speed controller for my roof fan vent that is a car radiator fan mounted in a vent cover and it has worked perfect since 2014. i used velcro to mount the remotes to the wall one next to the bed so i can turn the fan up or down if its getting to cold or hot.
only bad thing is the non standard batteries for the remotes although they usually last a few years