cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windows 7 Desktop

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any suggestions for purchasing a desktop that has Windows Home or Professional 7? I was able to find a new laptop with 7 but so far have not found anywhere to get a desktop with 7 in it. It is my understanding that Windows 8 or 8.1 won't run a lot of the programs from XP. Open for suggestions and Thanks ahead of time.
dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member
16 REPLIES 16

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am going to try to get my DELL M90 XP laptops upgraded to WIN7 Pro-32bit... The full build disk cost around $140 and probably cheaper if you look around...

If this doesn't work out for me I will buy a newer DELL Precision M6000 series workstation from EBAY Stores selling OFF-LEASE LAPTOPs... These are around $800 for a pretty late model with WIN7 PRO already on it...

I want to stay with the LAPTOP idea where my setup is based around the DELL DOCKING Station supporting Dual Monitors, keyboard/mouse, speakers, different I/O supporting my hobbies, Ham Radio, etc...

The beauty of my setup is I have my M90 DELL LAPTOP at home and when we go on trips we just grab the laptop and move to a similar DELL DOCKING STATION setup in the RV Trailers.

Sure makes it easy having all your familiar computer stuff with you at all times...

I just hope my older M90s will upgrade to WIN7 PRO 32-bit software and all my software apps and printer etc still works...

The other thing I have no checked on is how long will WIN7 be supported by Microsoft... After doing all of this we may have to do it all over next year haha...

Gripes me big time... I am quite happy with my XP M90's for what I am using them for...

Roy ken...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

trnfla
Explorer
Explorer
Dell still sells win7 machines on their website.
Now 2004 Winnie Minnie 31C
Had 2007 Zeppelin 190 Hybrid,
1999 30' Dutchman Classic FW