cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard Movin View: How to change sat settings under dome?

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
My new rig has an old Movin View which has circular clock-like settings for the sats.
It is currently set to 119 and I have DTV so need 101.
Can I do this from the screen setup or under the dome?

The PDF shows the vertical type switches in a row that seem to indicate that this is how you change sats but my equipment under the dome only has the circular and they are not changeable..
Where ever I go, there I am!
30 REPLIES 30

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
AS to Trinity, it is a cellular based service which "only requires" a good 3G or 4G service (which you need to pay for). Good luck with that!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
DesertMax wrote:
Hey Bill, thanks as always up front.. Ok in the area of the 3 choices, the choices I made as shown in the photo are all that are available as choices. The DTV Tech told me that the choices shown are the correct choices.
If you know something about some way of making other choices in this area such as 18" only as you have suggested, then DTV did not indicate this and I would like to know it.

That tech also did suggest metering the coax which duplicates your recent recommendation. I will do that and let you know what I get..

PS... Have you heard of Triniti Communications and their USB "Ursa" aparati? Finding lots of interesting tech features on YouTube
especially in the area of free Internet tv etc.. A grain of salt!

Many on this site know of my background including a former Winegard trainer of RV techs throughout the Western US. Take my advice and you will have a much better chance of having a good experience with your Winegard dome. 18" round will get you the 101 satellite. That's all you want and all you need.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Mods, we were almost done with this string. Seems it went on an adventure and I wouldn't mind reading Bill's response.. Any idea why or where it went..?
I'll just go to all his activity I guess..

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from Tech Issues Forum.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Moved to and moved from?

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Bill, thanks as always up front.. Ok in the area of the 3 choices, the choices I made as shown in the photo are all that are available as choices. The DTV Tech told me that the choices shown are the correct choices.
If you know something about some way of making other choices in this area such as 18" only as you have suggested, then DTV did not indicate this and I would like to know it.

That tech also did suggest metering the coax which duplicates your recent recommendation. I will do that and let you know what I get..

PS... Have you heard of Triniti Communications and their USB "Ursa" aparati? Finding lots of interesting tech features on YouTube
especially in the area of free Internet tv etc.. A grain of salt!

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I highly recommend that you follow my earlier suggestion to set the antenna type to 18" round. This will force it to look for 101 only which is all you need anyway.
You might also want to go up on the roof, remove the dome and follow the coax cable into the electronics. With the receiver turned on (not the antenna), if you remove the coax at the electronics box, you should read 13-18VDC in the coax cable itself. If you do not then you have a cabling issue.

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Bill, here are all the screens including the one showing 02, 02 & Single. thnx

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go to the page under "repeat satellite setup" and show me what's on the screen.

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys, I was able to set the sat to 101 under the dome and the DTV on screen menu verifies this. Still got an error 775 so although the receiver is talking to the tv, apparently not the dome..

I guess that old dog's seen better days...

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help..

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep, turn the dials. Just use a tiny screwdriver.

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
Small screwdriver that fits well into the arrow slot.

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
So you actually move those dials in the picture.. I thought about that the first time and today removed the dome cover once again but could not figure out any way to actually move them... grab hold of them...