Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

winegard stationary roadtrip minimax

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,

I inherited a Winegard stationary roadtrip minimax dish. the power leads were cut but the plug is still on the unit.

Is there a way to test the unit to see if it still works and can it be used for internet. Also I am trying to find info on the power cord. Can I cut an extension cord and connect the plug to make the power cord. I would like to be able to set it on a table in the field not mount on my 5th wheel.

Thank you,
Dave
7 REPLIES 7

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
Ozlander wrote:
It's yours, you can do anything you want with it.

but how do I check if it works? I do not have cable yet. Before I get that I want to make sure the satelite works. :h

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
It's yours, you can do anything you want with it.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
If I plug it into a 12v power source does it go thru a boot sequence so I can see if it works or not.?

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, thank you. I will look into the cost of cable then. We get it for free at the park. So not sure why pay for it too.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, that antenna can never be used for internet. The LNB is wrong and there is no transmitter of any kind. It is a receive only antenna and only useable with DirecTV, Dish or the Canadian Bell Express Vu (in Canada only).
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
First of all the Winegard MiniMax is not for internet it is for satellite TV.
I was hoping to find someone that asked why not and did it.

lryrob9301 wrote:
Second it's 12VDC powered not 120VAC.
now I know to make and extension cord for 12 volt not 120. Cool.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
First of all the Winegard MiniMax is not for internet it is for satellite TV.

Second it's 12VDC powered not 120VAC.