cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2 night min stays - negotiable?

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
I have noticed that some parks require at least 2 nights and was curious if any here have had any success negotiating that to a single night? I guess it's about supply and demand but I would assume a park half full would welcome the add'l REV.
2017 F250 PSD 4X4
2015 Livin Lite Axxcess 24FBA
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe
20 REPLIES 20

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Captain_Happy wrote:
At what park are you referring to? Might give the rest of us a heads up on not where to stay. It's only happened to me on holiday week-ends. Which I fully understand.

I can also understand that policy in high season in general.
Gotta make hay while the sun shines and forecasting how you'll make your overhead is a part of that.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
We never waiver from our pricing policies. To do so is tantamount to saying you don't have a pricing policy. What do you think the reaction from all the people who accepted the two night minimum policy be if they found out others didn't have to follow that policy?

Answer: The "don't stay here, the owners and management plays favorites" reviews would be up the next day.

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
At what park are you referring to? Might give the rest of us a heads up on not where to stay. It's only happened to me on holiday week-ends. Which I fully understand.

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know till ya ask. If they're not booked they would be foolish to turn down the money.
Dennis Hoppert

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sure......negotiate away

More then likely pay for 2 and only stay 1 will be fine with them
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
You'll never know unless you ask. The worst that can happen is they refuse you. I suspect some would absolutely refuse to budge and others might be more accommodating.

More often I've seen minimums for reservations, rather than stays, though the latter is not unheard of particularly during holidays or local events.