cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

96 starcraft popup wont go allthe way up

Edwin_Fox
Explorer
Explorer
96 starcraft popup camper goes up about 2 feet and stops will not crank any farther you can lift it up but the crank just stops
4 REPLIES 4

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Edwin,

While I do not know Starcraft specifically, but most pop-ups use a cable system. Jams on the winch drum are common. Get the cover off the winches and look. There may be two in the front and two in the back. But a mis-wrap on any of them may jam the system.

If you find this, use cut 2x4 to to block the top at what you can reach and then back off the cables until they can be re-wrapped to feed correctly. This will be a greasy job.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
I am not sure about the Starcraft popup, but the 1995 Jayco popup we owned had a cable at each corner that stopped it from raising too high. Perhaps one of the cables is getting snagged on something or perhaps has acquired a kink that is keeping it from extending all the way.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Probably this thread should be in the Folding Campers forum, since the OP's issues are unique to popups and not other types of RVs.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
OK I've never tried to crank up a pop up but have you flashed a light into the crank shaft? Maybe something is stuck within it.

Or maybe the crank needs to be re-tooled........