cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone Bring The Bean Bag Toss Game (Corn Hole) To Camp?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I was just wondering if anyone brings this type of game to a campsite with them. I plan on just bringing one of the two boards with me next week.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
278 REPLIES 278

RandACampin
Explorer II
Explorer II
beemerphile1 wrote:
RandACampin wrote:
If enough of us complain about the inconsiderate campers who expect everyone else to accommodate them and camp the way they do. We can get them banned and each can enjoy themselves without them to bother us!
-rog

:B :B :B I hope I don't ever get stuck camping beside WandaLust2. :B :B :B

If I get stuck camping beside WandaLust2 I will break out the washers as well!!!

-rog
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

GREGANDLAURIE
Explorer
Explorer
You shouldn't expect other campers not to play a game during the day so you can nap. There is a quiet time at most campgrounds in the evening for sleeping. No Ban for Cornhole!!!!!
1996 Chevrolet K3500 Diesel Dually
2007 Pilgrim Open Road 378SA4S-5

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
RandACampin wrote:
If enough of us complain about the inconsiderate campers who expect everyone else to accommodate them and camp the way they do. We can get them banned and each can enjoy themselves without them to bother us!
-rog

:B :B :B I hope I don't ever get stuck camping beside WandaLust2. :B :B :B
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

RandACampin
Explorer II
Explorer II
-rog
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
tracyb-oh wrote:
One thing I will say is that corn hole is a LOT more quiet than that washer game. I thought I wad going to loose my mind one weekend we were parked next to some old crank who tossed those washers into that box non stop. Clank clank clank all weekend. The corn hole bags have a more muffled plop, plop.

If enough people complain about these irritating noisy games, more CGs will ban them. One person playing these "corn hole" games can irritate and ruin the camping experience for everyone camped near them. It's extremely inconsiderate when they can take their board and bags to an open area away from other campers.

And yes, we suffered the constant noise from someone camped behind us, tossing these bags for hours and hours and hours one Saturday (Tims Ford SP TN). Most of us camp to get away from noise and seek peace and quiet, to hear the sounds of nature and relax. The last thing we want to hear is the repetitious overriding annoying sounds of nuts and bolts or bagged corn hitting a board. :M
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
Bucky Badger wrote:
carp65 wrote:
They are noise-makers when you are parked along side someone with a
beanbag game. The constant thump-thump-thump is very annoying.

It sucks when other people are having fun.......

Oh come on! We all like to see others having fun. ๐Ÿ™‚ But if your fun is irritating others around you - then it sure isn't fun for them. ๐Ÿ˜ž If others are camped next to you, take your "corn hole" game to an open area to play. Most CGs have some open space. It's called having consideration for others. ๐Ÿ˜‰

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone brings this type of game to a campsite with them. I plan on just bringing one of the two boards with me next week.

Please think this one over. This game (corn hole) makes a continuous very irritating "womp womp womp" noise that may bother other campers who are looking for peace and quiet, or who may want to take an afternoon nap. Unless I was camped where no one was close by, I'd pass up on this game. I was told some CGs don't allow this game because of the irritating noise.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I just saw this design on CraigsList.

Very Cool!

JeepGuy
Explorer
Explorer
i just made some corn hole boards last month, i always take them with us camping. im working on a led light setup for them now for som nitetime corn'n

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I would love to have these:

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas for something inexpensive to help keep score?

I bought a golf score clicker at a garage sale this weekend for 25 cents. It should work great while playing bean bag toss at the campsite.

Score Clicker

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:

I made my own using a paint stir stick and two wood clothes pins.

I used a large five gallon stir stick and painted it gloss white. You could also just use any thin piece of wood. I then measured it off in 21 spaces and marked it using a paint pen. I use red and blue bags so I painted one clothes pin red and one blue. Get the idea? Put the clothes pins on the stir stick in the correct place to keep score.

The reason for the materials that I used is that they were all lying around my shop. Total cost $0. Just look around and use what you've got.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer

I have a bigger chalk board that I use at home but would like to think of something smaller to bring camping.

Sometimes you lose track while consuming beverages. ๐Ÿ™‚

BigDaddy12t
Explorer
Explorer
We are seasonal at a campground no too far from home, and we play this game EVERY weekend! It is a blast. Didnt see that there were a couple different games being talked about, we all play the bean bag game.

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Jim102 wrote:
Last week I made a washer toss game, tho one whti three holes. Next week I am going to make the single hole one... Great game..

Jim

There must be as many veriations to than game as they are people playing it. Ours is a single hole. The box is 18"X18" 6" in the back 3" in the front the hole is off center top to bottom by an inch and centered left to right. The hold is 4.25" and we use a 4" washer. Scoring is much like horse shoes. In the hole a ringer 3 ponts any part of the washer over the hole 2 points and on the board 1 point game is 15. There is likely only 3 in existance, mine a friend and his brother.

hpk
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel