cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone Bring The Bean Bag Toss Game (Corn Hole) To Camp?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I was just wondering if anyone brings this type of game to a campsite with them. I plan on just bringing one of the two boards with me next week.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
278 REPLIES 278

RandACampin
Explorer II
Explorer II
beemerphile1 wrote:
WandaLust2 wrote:
Any irritating noise should be banned at CGs...

But if I had the power the first thing I would ban is cranky people. ๐Ÿ™‚

Exactly, people should be able to pursue thier enjoyment however they choose. They should not have to tip toe around the crumudgeons.
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
WandaLust2 wrote:
Any irritating noise should be banned at CGs...

You're right, I think they should ban children, diesel engined vehicles, gas powered golf cars, and dogs. Oh, and let's not forget those noisy squirrels, the thump thump of nuts falling from trees is very irritating. Running water makes a horrendous noise at times, ever been to Niagara Falls? There should be a law!

But if I had the power the first thing I would ban is cranky people. ๐Ÿ™‚
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
At the Cincinnati Jimmy Buffett concert tailgate party on Aug. 6, it seemed like every other RV setup had the Bean Bag Toss game.

People at a concert aren't looking for peace and quiet. They're not there to enjoy nature. ๐Ÿ˜‰ No amount of noise would be out of place there.
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
carp65 wrote:
They are noise-makers when you are parked along side someone with a
beanbag game. The constant thump-thump-thump is very annoying.

Unfortunately, bean-baggers are like some dog owners who camp with dogs that never stop barking. Or those who must play music so loud you can't hear yourself think. The noise doesn't bother them so they feel anyone annoyed by the noise is a crank. There are open areas away from other campers where they can take their boards and bags and make all the noise they want. For some reason they don't feel that others deserve that consideration.

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
GREGANDLAURIE wrote:
You shouldn't expect other campers not to play a game during the day so you can nap. There is a quiet time at most campgrounds in the evening for sleeping. No Ban for Cornhole!!!!!

Any irritating noise should be banned at CGs. It has nothing to do with quiet times or taking a nap. It has to do with some people playing this game for many hours a day. Most people are bothered by repetitious noise that goes on for hours. Think Chinese-water-drip-torture. Most of us are there to relax and hear the sounds of nature and have conversations with others, not to hear the constant thudding of bags hitting boards. Having the whap, whap, whap noise of corn-hole go on for hours is very inconsiderate of other campers. Just as inconsiderate as allowing dogs to bark all day or blaring music all day just because it's not "quiet time." Why not play noisy games like corn-hole at home in your own back yard? Or walk away from the other campers and play it in a nearby area?

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone brings this type of game to a campsite with them. I plan on just bringing one of the two boards with me next week.

The constant whap, whap, whap of this game can be very annoying to nearby campers. Almost as annoying as barking dogs. If you like to play it may I suggest you take the board and bags some distance from the other rigs and tents.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a unique set.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some equipped with lights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi-PfXuhtK4

New_Vision
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
I totally love this design. ๐Ÿ™‚

The best variety of designs I have seen

Gotta love the Big Red Machine!!!
I O W A !!! G O H A W K S !!!
2010 Keystone Outback Sydney 32FRL 5th Wheel
2005 Ford F350 Superduty Supercrew SRW 6.0 liter PSD
Curt 16K

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I totally love this design. ๐Ÿ™‚

The best variety of designs I have seen

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Mic_bug wrote:

any on e have a set of plans (dimensions etc.) so I can build mine???

Here is one:

PDF Document

MBOLTONCO
Explorer
Explorer
Try cornholeplayers.net. Many different plans to choose from.

Mic_bug
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:

any on e have a set of plans (dimensions etc.) so I can build mine???
2001 CC/SB...& 5 wheels

Rvndave
Explorer
Explorer
A CHICK MAGNET........LMFAO
2003 Jayco 308fbs eagle 33' tt, towed by a 2003 Ram 3500 slt, quad cab dually, cummins diesel ho, trailer towing package, with 6 speed manual. Hauls better 1/2, 3 kids, myself, and a 2003 ez go clays car.. I have added so far, neon lights, clearance lights, back up lights, black light, lift kit, mud tires, and everything necessary to make the golf cart street legal. It's now ready to spend the winter in the garage for more mods. More neon, strobe lights, alarm, a pa system, maintance, and whatever else that comes along. This golf cart does wheelies and travels thru 7 inches of mud when need be. Two honda eu2000i gens twinned to supply the electrical power. Latest addition an 04 Honda Goldwing. [url]http://www.hometown.aol.com/rvnagain/myhomepage/profile.html[url]

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
At the Cincinnati Jimmy Buffett concert tailgate party on Aug. 6, it seemed like every other RV setup had the Bean Bag Toss game.