cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CB Radio???

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
I was on the road today in my car and a question popped into my head....

Do trucks still use CB radios today with all of the tech available? Is it a good option to add along with an RV GPS for newbies?

What say you?
She may be old but she is paid for (the rig that is)
35 REPLIES 35

Spade_Cooley
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking about putting mine back in service after people yelling at me that I had a problem. I blew two tires on my last road trip across Hwy 80. Rather than the hand motions or flashing of lights a radio transmission might have been quicker.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have one in the truck but it's hardly ever on. We use VHF handheld 2 way radio's to communicate when camping. Not FRS, no range. VHF range is 10 miles in an urban area, lots farther in the boonies. A license is required.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
They do use them sometimes. I dont have one...that's so seventies! And my doctor says "less salt," camping.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I have a CB in our Southwind. Normally it's turned off
If I'm in a traffic jam or heavy traffic I turn it on to check on local road conditions.
If it breaks, I don't know if it will be replaced. It's really not that important, to me, for traveling.

campinginthewoo
Explorer
Explorer
Truckers still used them yes sometimes the language is salty but it's still nice to find out about accidents traffic etc.... I have mine on when I travel.
"Our family is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. "

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
On the back roads that we travel it was useless. No one else around. On an interstate in the east it was just a lot of B.S. talk.
Took mine out.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind