cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump techniques....

bcarroll
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, the 23 minute dump time thread, that is now closed, got me to thinking - what is the most efficient way to dump.
I am in my 3rd year of my first trailer, and feel I am not very efficient when it comes to dumping.
I just came home from camping this week and when I dumped, in the FHU campsite, it took me much longer to dump than 23 minutes.

I dumped the black tank. Then dumped the gray tank. While the gray tank was dumping I had someone put more water in the black tank.
When the gray tank was almost done, I closed it and re-opened the black tank. When that was done, I finished the gray tank.
I don't have any fancy internal black tank rinsers, and no clear dump pipe, so I disconnect the hose and use a sprayer to rinse up the pipe as far as possible(holding the hose for it to drain into of course). I do not want to leave debris in the tank so I rinse until no more debris.
I think my black tank has a never ending supply of debris because I finally had to just say "no more" and end it(after an hour or more).
I wanted to do a more thorough job of cleaning the tank while in the FHU site, otherwise it would have just been a quick black dump/gray dump, put more water in the black tank and dump... 5 or 10 mins tops.

But there has to be a better way...
83 REPLIES 83

LLeopold
Explorer
Explorer

Time to close this thread.
Lou Leopold
Between RVs at this point
but I continue to tent camp!

Chandalen
Explorer
Explorer
I kinda like the people that take forever... that way I don't get yelled at for not being off the site at 1100! I just point and say.. do you see that line??
'08 Sierra 5th wheel bunk house
'04 F350 6.0L (bulletproofish now)
470ah GC2 battery bank, 500w Solar /w TS-45 Controller, 2k Pure Sine Inverter
Active Duty Army

Samsonsworld
Explorer
Explorer
You must camp in different spots than me.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Samsonsworld wrote:
so I've learned the hard way to spend a little extra time flushing my toilet. Sorry if that bothers you but I assure you it's nothing personal.
Someday you will wait more than an hour extra behind similar thinking people.
Nothing personal.

Samsonsworld
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
I can't believe people time each other at the dump station....nothing better to do?

- be mindful if there are people behind you waiting
- be mindful that the person in front of you dumping has no time limit
- if you don't like waiting, don't wait until check out time to leave
- if you see a bunch of people pulling out to leave at the same time, sit tight and relax in your campsite a little longer
- develop a strategy...pack up the night before...get up early and leave when no one else is. Or at least earlier than everyone else packing up in the morning.
- and if you still have issue with how long someone takes to empty/clean their tanks, then stay at a park with full hook ups or use the bath house so you don't have anything to dump.

+1. I've had a stuck gauge and I've had odor issues by cutting corners, so I've learned the hard way to spend a little extra time flushing my toilet. Sorry if that bothers you but I assure you it's nothing personal.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I can't believe people time each other at the dump station....nothing better to do?

- be mindful if there are people behind you waiting
- be mindful that the person in front of you dumping has no time limit
- if you don't like waiting, don't wait until check out time to leave
- if you see a bunch of people pulling out to leave at the same time, sit tight and relax in your campsite a little longer
- develop a strategy...pack up the night before...get up early and leave when no one else is. Or at least earlier than everyone else packing up in the morning.
- and if you still have issue with how long someone takes to empty/clean their tanks, then stay at a park with full hook ups or use the bath house so you don't have anything to dump.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
So many of these self centered morons just don't get that point! :S

smkettner wrote:
I have seen eight people in line. At 20 minutes each only 3 per hour can dump.
Move it along people.

For those that insist to flush, have somehow never been at the end of such a line...
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
paulcardoza wrote:
Maybe you should simply focus on not being a self centered idiot and have more consideration for those waiting in line behind you. Such a simple concept!

If you dump 10 times in a row without flushing, it won't be a problem. Maybe that 10th time you can actually think of others and schedule yourself to the dump station at some less peak time. God forbid you show some consideration............
x2
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
paulcardoza wrote:
Maybe you should simply focus on not being a self centered idiot and have more consideration for those waiting in line behind you. Such a simple concept!

If you dump 10 times in a row without flushing, it won't be a problem. Maybe that 10th time you can actually think of others and schedule yourself to the dump station at some less peak time. God forbid you show some consideration............
Your one to preach about consideration - you can preach it, but I'm bettiong YOU never show it. Just another BOZO to block... :H
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I have seen eight people in line. At 20 minutes each only 3 per hour can dump.
Move it along people.

For those that insist to flush, have somehow never been at the end of such a line...

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer

Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh here's another one putting thoughts in my head - this time I'm believing that it is essential to have my black tank "squeaky clean every, time". So what to say/do the "NEXT TIME"? Oh yea, that's right, you will somehow know it's the next time and cut me some slack.

All you grumpy mind readers would never give anyone such as me the benefit of the doubt and figure out that I might be leaving early, or considering the situation but it's more fun to flame on here. I think the mods put up with it too much.

Sorry - it's a no win situation - you don't know and still will sit there fuming, and I still don't care if your mad at me for flushing my tanks as I deem necessary. So yea - LOL all the way to the dump station!
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
LOL! Fantasy, is believing that it is essential to flush your tanks till they are squeaky clean every, time you empty them.

The current situation should dictate how long you are at the dump station. If there's a line behind you, flush the tanks NEXT TIME and just dump & go for now. Just basic consideration for others..........
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
SoundGuy wrote:
Of course it's not a "one fits all" solution as some just don't have the luxury of tank servicing at home, for a variety of reasons, but there are many others who could, yet don't, and instead continue to embrace the dump station routine, allow themselves to be repeatedly agitated because someone else in their view is being inconsiderate, then most amazing of all waste even more time arguing online with others they don't even know about dump station etiquette. :E Whatever floats your boat ... I guess. :S

You hit the nail on the head SoundGuy. I am one such person who doesn't have the ability to flush the black tank at home so I need to do it upon exiting - unless I've had full hookups of course. And I do so as expeditiously as possible. If people behind me have to wait and are getting steamed, that's their problem - I paid to use the CG facilities.

Unfortunately, there are such people that post here that fit that definition and indulge in fantasy to prove themselves righteous. Whatever.