cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Duo Therm AC

ziffell
Explorer
Explorer
When it cools in the tlr the comp shuts down but the fan keeps running. Is the fan recirculating inside air or bringing humid outside air? Can the AC be rewired so the fan shuts down when the comp shuts down? Thanks Ziffell
11 REPLIES 11

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried to google duo therm ac fan runs continuously? When I did it it says to push the fan button till it says auto.

ziffell
Explorer
Explorer
Now that is the correct answer. I never thought of that. If it had a wall thermostat, it would know when to restart the comp. Thanks..Ziffell

jauguston
Explorer
Explorer
If you are very determined to get the fan to shut off while you are in bed you could put a timer in the power source to the AC unit with a switch to bypass it during the day. If you shut the fan off the same time as the compressor the temp sensor will not get warm air going past it to tell the compressor when to come back on.
2005 Coachman Sportscoach Elite 402 40'
350hp Cat C-7 w/MP-8
7500w Onan quiet diesel generator
6-Kyocera 130w solar panels SB3024i MPPT controller
Pressure Pro TPMS
1987 Suzuki Samurai tintop Toad w/VW 1.6 turbo diesel power

jauguston
Explorer
Explorer
350hp Cat C-7 w/MP-8
Pressure Pro TPMS

ziffell
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the info. But somewhere in my long ago past, I recall someone saying they modified the wiring in the AC so the fan shuts down when the comp does. So often we need the air on for a couple hours when we go to bed. After that the comp never comes on, but the fan labors away for no good reason. That's what I would like to get away from. Thanks..Ziffell

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Your Duo Therm is the basic A/C unit.
You can select Cool (low, med, high).....in 'cool' mode fan runs continuously and compressor cycles ON/OFF dependent on t-stat knob setting (coolest setting 65*F to warmest setting 90*F)
You can select Fan (high, med, low).....just fan runs.

So whenever unit is turned ON..fan is going to run
It circulates inside air only....no outside air.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

jauguston
Explorer
Explorer
AC units do NOT bring in air from outside. They recirculate air from the space they are cooling.
350hp Cat C-7 w/MP-8
Pressure Pro TPMS

ziffell
Explorer
Explorer
The comp does cycle on and off as the temp setting requires, but the fan runs all the time even after the comp shuts down. Anytime it is on, cooling or not the fan runs. My household AC which shuts completely off after reaching temp setting. Thanx Ziffell

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Turn the thermastat on it up and it should cut off and cycle

ziffell
Explorer
Explorer
This tlr doesn't use a wall thermostat. All the controls are mounted on the overhead unit. Thanx..Ziffell

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Put the switch on the thermastat that says fan to auto then it will cycle.and it only uses interior air