cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding a best deal formula for trade and buying

pk1023
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all, so if you've followed any of my posts, you know I am thinking of buying a bigger rig.

I am talking to everybody in my state and dealing with the normal issues around trade value, sales price, etc etc.

I know that the "best deal" equation lies in the difference between sales price and trade in value.

It seems like there should be a formula that could boil the sales stats down to something in percentage.

Let's say I could get a dealer to give me sales stats on a certain unit they sell alot of. Meaning they'd give me a spreadsheet with sales price for each unit, final sales. Then they'd also give me the trade in price they paid. If I then used the publish NADA value to assign a trade value percentage to it.

At that point, couldn't I figure out how good each customer's deal was? I wouldn't even calc in Title/Doc/Extra fees because they are set.

Or am I insane and there's no math that will produce that number? None the less no dealer will give me those stats?
15 REPLIES 15

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep, you are insane if you think any dealer is going to give you that type of info.