cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First two Nights

last_Baby_Boome
Explorer
Explorer
Hello good people. Ok so here is the story. My friend and I are two retired baby Boomer. Over the last few years we have both sold our businesses and were wondering how to spend the next 50 years of life.

So after some planning we bough a class A Coachman and have hit the road. This was two days ago.

I am very interested in meeting other RVโ€™ers. I am big into Social Media and am still looking into how to make the most of this adventure.

Please feel free to reach out. We are currently in Colorado Springs.
Thanks
19 REPLIES 19

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to make things more interesting, Join...

FMCA has a lot to offer for a not big price. Look it up.

There is a site called RVillagethat will help you keep track of friends and friends keep track of you. It is close to being the ultimate RV social group. You can eve pull up a map of where friends are and track where they are bound. I personally believe that it needs some better organisation, but it is a good start.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
last.Baby.Boomer wrote:
NYCgrrl wrote:
Meet people the same way you did pre- RV.
The rules haven't changed:).

What part of NYC did you grow up in?
I'm from the Bronx.......................OK OK that's not completely true. Was born in Brooklyn but since I only lived there for a week or so have put that shameful past behind me.
Now I live in Manhattan. Have somehow bypassed Queens and Richmond (Oh look! She actually knows that the county name isn't the same as the island?! She might be one of those NYCers who hangs out at the Historical Society or or points North and East!!!!)

I know my voice. It's my actions that are still up for grabs:cool:.

I was born on the lower east side. Lived there until 1977. We moved to NJ but lived there only until 80 when I move back to go to NYU. I lived up until the first of this month in the West Village. I did live in GreenPoint in the 80โ€™s. That was back before it was hip. Now I live in an RV.

Fishkin's. Leslie's Bootery on Orchard. Custom drapery stores on Grand and notion stores on the side streets. Katz's for when you were finished shopping. The Henry St Settlement and the hand made knish and pickle shops run by Hasidim on Eldridge. What a beautiful memory filled environment!

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
captnjack wrote:
NYCgrrl wrote:

I'm from the Bronx.......................OK OK that's not completely true. Was born in Brooklyn but since I only lived there for a week or so have put that shameful past behind me.
Now I live in Manhattan. Have somehow bypassed Queens and Richmond (Oh look! She actually knows that the county name isn't the same as the island?! She might be one of those NYCers who hangs out at the Historical Society or or points North and East!!!!)

You know the county is Richmond so you probably also know that nobody calls it that.

Just like you probably know Brooklyn is Kings County.

Yeah well that is certainly a "it is what it is" moment. Brooklyn's county name should be known by even transplants. I still call Bronx County, the Bronx, cause that's how I roll (or at least what I was taught in elementary school) and I see no reason to fall into "common postal speak" :). Think "Fashion Avenue" and "Avenue of the Americas" is affected yet still am perplexed by the many names of "8th Avenue" ....err but but my mother isn't;).

captnjack
Explorer
Explorer
NYCgrrl wrote:

You know the county is Richmond so you probably also know that nobody calls it that.

Just like you probably know Brooklyn is Kings County.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Have wheels, will travel
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Live as if you have one day left, not 50 years. If there is something you really want to do, do it now.

We were looking forward to 20-30 years of retirement, mostly traveling. We got four.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

last_Baby_Boome
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
last.Baby.Boomer wrote:
... and were wondering how to speak the next 50 years of life.

I think that's what 2oldman was commenting on. I am guessing that's a typo and you meant "how to SPEND the next 50 years of life".

As a baby boomer, I'd say you're quite optimistic. ๐Ÿ™‚

To meet folks, you might look into RV clubs with rallies, etc. Outside of rallies, just get outside of the RV. Find activities that interest you and are easy to travel with (photography, star gazing, etc.). Smile and say hello and people will start chatting to you (and the hobbies give them something to start with).

I am The last baby Boomer 52 years of age. If we strive to live to 100 we should only do so if we commit to making them years of youth. If not in body than in mind.

last_Baby_Boome
Explorer
Explorer
mdcamping wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

I'm not into the social media so I'm no help there. But as far as nuts & bolts... posting on this site in the "RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions" is a great way to find info on a particular campground or area.

I would also recommend RV Park Reviews, they have a loyal following by many Rvers

Happy camping and safe travels

Mike

Thank you.

last_Baby_Boome
Explorer
Explorer
NYCgrrl wrote:

I was born on the lower east side. Lived there until 1977. We moved to NJ but lived there only until 80 when I move back to go to NYU. I lived up until the first of this month in the West Village. I did live in GreenPoint in the 80โ€™s. That was back before it was hip. Now I live in an RV.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum!

I'm not into the social media so I'm no help there. But as far as nuts & bolts... posting on this site in the "RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions" is a great way to find info on a particular campground or area.

I would also recommend RV Park Reviews, they have a loyal following by many Rvers

Happy camping and safe travels

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Join rvillage.com and check in when you hit a campground. It will tell you if any other members are at the same place. Most have a pic of their rig and I go looking for their site. If they're around I say Hi.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
last.Baby.Boomer wrote:
... and were wondering how to speak the next 50 years of life.

I think that's what 2oldman was commenting on. I am guessing that's a typo and you meant "how to SPEND the next 50 years of life".

As a baby boomer, I'd say you're quite optimistic. ๐Ÿ™‚

To meet folks, you might look into RV clubs with rallies, etc. Outside of rallies, just get outside of the RV. Find activities that interest you and are easy to travel with (photography, star gazing, etc.). Smile and say hello and people will start chatting to you (and the hobbies give them something to start with).
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

last_Baby_Boome
Explorer
Explorer
Two Hands wrote:
Welcome to the forum brave knight.

Thank you