cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to turn on the water heater

thehippie
Explorer
Explorer
How do you turn on the water heater like the picture shown? I don't see anything where to push for the pilot?

13 REPLIES 13

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
WyoTraveler wrote:
JMHO. This software is really old. I don't even post pix. PITA. Sometimes things posted seem very simple since I have RV'd since the 60s.However, being crital of a new RVer because it seems simple to me seems to be the norm. Those same people that post nasty remarks also post stupid questions about simple things they don't understand. Guess if it seems simple to me I should be nasty on the forum.

Issue isn't that 'thehippie' is a new RVr or that he asks basic questions it that repeatedly he has been asked to respond and answer questions raised in previous posts which have been ignored, has posted pictures that are WAY too big to be of any use (again ignored).
'1492' (a moderator) has made it VERY simple to post pictures.
So simple even I can do it. Prior it was a PITA!

Being critical isn't about newness or types of posts it is about OP NOT responding. Yet continues to seek help.

Lots of folks on here are more than willing to help, my self included, regardless of how many times a question/issue is asked/repeated.

But when help is extended and then blown off....one starts questioning Posters motives/reaching.

It's as simple as that. Nasty?? Don't see it that way. Harsh---maybe. But sometimes it is what becomes necessary.

As for 'thehippie'.....I will ignore his posts and lend a hand else where.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, the forum software is lame, but most of us learn to deal with it. This OP apparently has not. Why makes posts when you can answer your own questions?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
I must admit, my first thought when I read the OP was "First, read the instructions!"
Then when the pictures showed the instruction plate, my second thought was not anything that should be posted here.
then when I saw the picture of the water heater switch I thought "oh, my...."
No, I don't have anything to add as far as answering the question.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
JMHO. This software is really old. I don't even post pix. PITA. Sometimes things posted seem very simple since I have RV'd since the 60s.However, being crital of a new RVer because it seems simple to me seems to be the norm. Those same people that post nasty remarks also post stupid questions about simple things they don't understand. Guess if it seems simple to me I should be nasty on the forum.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Judging by his past posts, I can see the administrator has been busy resizing his pictures.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Still no effort to size his pictures! It is said there is no such thing as a stupid question but the OP may give us pause to question that phrase!! Perhaps he is trying to reach Senior Member status and feels asking these questions and then giving equally dubious responses is the fastest way to do so? All I know is his posts are AGGRAVATING. It may be time to block him.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

thehippie
Explorer
Explorer
Yaj wrote:
Read the instructions on the water heater in the picture. It says DSI.
That means no pilot light.
Thanks

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, this is nonsense. Mod notified.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
I agree OB.
The OP seems to be more interested in Troll-type posts, than writing serious posts.

If he would come back and explain the dump with no hose thread, then maybe I'd feel more like helping him.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not meant to be rude just informative and hoping for better response from you/your posts

Please learn to post correct picture sizes.....ones you have posted recently are way over forum size and are sideways.

Also how about going back and answer questions from your 'dumping waste w/o hose' post.

When you post such an absurd topic as dumping w/o hose and then ignore it, not respond for 2 weeks and then when you do it is just a couple HaHa's about 'dumping incidents' nothing about YOUR topic/question.
WHY should folks continue to help you when you have just snubbed them :H

You may be new but surely you have some common sense and up bringing.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Do you have a switch inside labeled water heater? Or just W/H? If so, just flip the switch. It will spark and (should) light itself.

Yaj
Explorer
Explorer
Read the instructions on the water heater in the picture. It says DSI.
That means no pilot light.

thehippie
Explorer
Explorer