cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Insurance Quote

dreamingrv
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to get an insurance quote on a 80,000 MH. I am not getting any luck with anyone returning my call. Anyone have an estimate per month what insurance cost is?
15 REPLIES 15

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Contact Gilbert RV Insurance, a multi company broker who understand how RVs are used and what coverages we need.

Www.gilbertrvinsurance.com
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

ol__grouch
Explorer
Explorer
I've been with Allstate for 35+ years. When I got my B, I called them and 5 minutes later I was all set. $450 per year and I can live in it for up to 6 months.
Honk if you love Jesus.
Text if you want to meet him.

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I have mine through Miller Insurance (Lake Oswego, Oregon). They are very RV friendly and especially full-timers too. They suggested National Interstate, so I picked them.

As others have stated, your cost will depend on many factors, including where you live. So I would not bother asking what others are paying, unless you get quoted some kind of real ugly figure.

Tim

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nationwide insures mine, AEON does many RVs Join FMCA and go through them.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

helperzack
Explorer
Explorer
We used to have Progressive but then found 21st Century. That saved us about $600 a year. Just keep checking around and you will find the right policy for you.
Coachmen Mirada 310DS named "The Corporate Headquarters."
When camping I just tell clients that I am working at "Corporate Headquarters"

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Give these people a call. They will do all the work in finding you an insurance company.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

dreamingrv
Explorer
Explorer
Called progressive. The other two insurance companies that I called that hadn't returned my call was because they don't do RV policies but would have been nice of them to call me back and let me know. Thanks

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
jk31668 wrote:
just like your car, it depends on what state you reside in, amt of coverages, and driving record. nothing is black and white

x2. Also what type of ins. you opt in for: 100% replacement cost at current prices (canna recall the term used. Need coffee)or not, etc.

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
jk31668 wrote:
just like your car, it depends on what state you reside in, amt of coverages, and driving record. nothing is black and white

Just when I became convinced that Common Sense had finally been totally killed off, someone comes along to prove me wrong.

Cubanredneck
Explorer
Explorer
dreamingrv wrote:
I am trying to get an insurance quote on a 80,000 MH. I am not getting any luck with anyone returning my call. Anyone have an estimate per month what insurance cost is?

Good morning i am currently in South Florida and paying $1,200 a year for my coach. Im insured thru Progressive.
Danny & Ali
Daniella Grace & Abigail Hope
Storm the destructive American Bulldog
2007 Itasca Sunova 35J.
2011 Ford F150 4x4
2017 Honda CRV

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Can't get a call back? Who have you called? Who is your auto insurance with? Many don't write RV insurance. Our auto is with Mercury and RV is with Progressive. We pay about $400 year on a $35K trailer. Progressive is only one company but they write RV insurance.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
dreamingrv wrote:

Who are you calling that's not answering the phone? Try the Good Sam insurance....and do not just ask them for a quote as they will automatically quote you through National General. Ask to be quoted through various. We have a MH in the same price range as yours and pay about $500 through Allied (went through Good Sam). They initially quoted us over $900 for National General.

Someone should answer the phone there. You may need to hold for an available salesperson.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

jk31668
Explorer
Explorer

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Try National Interstate.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141