cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

nc campgrounds

cdfrances
Explorer
Explorer
newbie here,, is this the way to post questions about camping or buying or places to stay?
8 REPLIES 8

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
I would think your first step would be to talk the folks at Laniers, to see if they accept permanents or seasonals, which is what a park model is designed for, many parks do allow them, some don't, after that, then do a lot of research to decide on what fits your needs and desires.

x2
:).
Since it sounds like you are planning to fulltime or seasonal camp you might want to think hard about the need to provide a second sleeping area within the RV. Should the campground allow tents that might be a better place for guests. They'll have the use of the RV's amenities most of the day and you'll retain your privacy.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would think your first step would be to talk the folks at Laniers, to see if they accept permanents or seasonals, which is what a park model is designed for, many parks do allow them, some don't, after that, then do a lot of research to decide on what fits your needs and desires.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

cdfrances
Explorer
Explorer
i am thinking of setting up at laniers campground, i like the layout of it and people seem very nice,,just having trouble deciding what type of rv, i am going to be starting a new life and dont know what to purchase would like lots of sleeping space for visitors kinda like the feel of park homes, but dont know if they are acceptable there,,also will have to be able to deal with everything myself,,older lady here lol help!

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
Great resource here http://www.campgroundviews.com/
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
i'd suggest looking at state parks to start with. and please don't let rude comments (like capitalization) stop you from coming back.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

fireman41
Explorer
Explorer
If your looking to the outer banks, the KOA was really nice and the the one across the street look nice as well (can't remember the name). But a few that I seen from the road look kinda run down. Also there is the Oregon inlet.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
cdfrances wrote:
newbie here,, is this the way to post questions about camping or buying or places to stay?

The serach function is pretty good to play with also, lots of good info out there, in previous posts.

Example, go into advanced search, put Asheville, set it to search "RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions" - hit enter, five pages of threads come back with info on Asheville ( this in the past year, you can search further back on a different search setting), here is the results;

Click Here

The Locations section of the forum, is targeted at info on places to stay.

What part of NC are you looking for opportunities of campgrounds?
Be specific, and people may have first hand experience and info.

Welcome aboard!

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your post is fine. There is a folder for Campgrounds and Attractions, but this would be a start. (Some of us like using Capital Letters for clarity, but that is up to you.)
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"