cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Negotiating Price

Floridastorm
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to get opinions from folks that have been through the experience of negotiating a fair and equitable price on motor homes you have looked at and eventually bought. I find that when I am reviewing motor home advertisements, for the most part, the seller's pricing is quite a bit above the NADA pricing, even after I input all of the optional equipment that did not come with the original motor home purchase. I wonder if a lot of these sellers never check the NADA or don't even know what it is.A couple of times I have mentioned the NADA pricing and the seller becomes offended. I have actually seen where dealers have pricing that is much closer or even below the NADA suggested price.
5 REPLIES 5

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
The really good ones sell quickly. Might not have too much time to negotiate.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
If your looking at private sellers they maybe upside down on the MH and trying to walk away free and clear.
Dealers that take trade ins on new sales genarally only give wholesale value to the buyer but with the huge MSRP's on new MH's can fudge the value of the trade to let the buyer think he's getting a better value on his trade. And once the dealer has that trade in on the lot he wants to get rid of it as soon as he can because that's where most of his profit is tied up.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
If the coach was someones baby then it may be worth more.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
You want to get a good buy purchasing an RV you need to first determine what a "good buy" is for your particular rig ... and then be prepared to walk away when the you/seller disagree. It's not matter of a std discount from listing price. Well maintained rigs are worth more regardless of NADA
Kevin

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
And to confuse it even more they will then add transportation cost, Dealer prep, Documentation, PDI and other "fees" to the deal. Totally confusing what the rig cost, and that is their plan.
Myfirst suggestion is to shop for a dealer. some (mostly small mom and pop locations) will give you a straight up, out the door price. Research those, and use their numbers as starting points, you know they still have some breathing room in their numbers, so shoot for 10-15% below those prices. If the local dealer your looking at doesnt price that way, ask what their "fees" are and for a list of them, add that to whatever price they are giving you and go from there.
If its not too far from you check
www.rv007.com
they have a SC location that may help and they do price things "out the door".