cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Radio for '87 Dolphin

turiyahill
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace my radio. The tech guy says I need to find a radio with a front facing mounting mount.... Anyone dealt with this before ?
6 REPLIES 6

westend
Explorer
Explorer
On the Crutchfield website---"What fits my car"
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Slate_CM
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the stock Toyota radio in there, most any standard radio will fit. Try an independent car audio shop. They can look at the vehicle in person and give you some real world suggestions.

ol__grouch
Explorer
Explorer
Why not try secretaudio.com They can make reproduction radios and hidden radios. Your wallet is the limit.
Honk if you love Jesus.
Text if you want to meet him.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can install a new stereo in the glove box. I ended up doing this as my clipper had only an AM radio in it - I liked the retro look of the cab, but wanted to have a CD/AM/FM stereo with auxiliary plug. Now, if someone looks in, there's just the AM radio. But behind the door to the glove box is the actual working stereo.

Best thing, no cutting into the dash was necessary. Having a stereo with a remote comes in handy if you can't reach the glove box from the driver seat while strapped in.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Crutchfield can help you find an appropriate radio if anybody can. If you can't find the RV itself in their listings (which may well be), if it's dash mounted it's probably the same as the Toyota pickups for that year, and my guess would be be a DIN or double-DIN mount...which is about as common as they come. (If it is some other configuration, your choices without modifying or adapting the dashboard opening are going to be quite limited.)

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
Crutchfield.com