cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sue urban 6 gal water heater

Rapitup34
Explorer
Explorer
I am a full time RVโ€™er and am having problems with my water heater.
I have been using the electric side of the water heater up until I lost hot water.
I replaced the heat element which as I pulled out the element it looked fused by mineral deposit build up.
I cleaned of flush the tank throughly to get sediment out and inserted the new element.
I fired it back up with no avail.
I then replaced the switch at the water heater and replaced the power side thermostat.
Still does not work.
I have checked that power is on and no blown fuses and I still get no hot water on the power side. It works fine on the propane side.

Any other suggestions out there?
3 REPLIES 3

Rapitup34
Explorer
Explorer
I change the anode twice a year routinely and a new one installed as I replaced the heat element.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
When is the last time you changed the anode? If you have mineral buildup that is the first thing you need to deal with.
As old Bi posted the 120 volt side is very simple. Power in, switch, hi limit switch pack, element. The off/on switch is a known weak spot. As is sharp edges that eventually cut wires. Without a volt meter your kind of stuck throwing parts at it.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Suburban Water Heater AC power is a simple circuit

*120V AC from Main AC Power Panel circuit breaker (turn off then back on to make sure it wasn't tripped)
*120V AC Power goes to AC Junction Box on right side of WH Tank (looking from inside RV at backside of WH. (Wires connected with wire nuts....check that they are actually connected/tight)
*120V AC then goes to the ON/OFF switch (in outside compartment...lower left corner)
*120V AC from switch to the AC set of t-stats....black wire to top t-stat (Hi temp...manual reset/trips at 170*F)
*Then down the fused metal wire to bottom t-stat. Normal temp t-stat/Opens at 130*F (check that the fuse wire is intact)
*120VAC then goes to the electric element (black wire) and then returns to AC Power Panel (Neutral/white wire)

Green wire to secure/clean grounding screw connection

Suspects...
AC Junction Box wire nuts
Fused wire between Hi and Normal t-stats

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31