cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

what's easiest drive from Sonoma County to Bridgeport Ca

joeymack
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 24ft camper trailer and am heading to the Bridgeport Ca. area this summer. I google mapped directions and it gave me a few options. I pull with a 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Alison combo. Is hwy 108 better than 89? I have driven 89 before and it seems like a longer route and maybe very S turn like. Can someone fill me in on hwy 108?

I am actually considering taking hwy 50 all the way to 395 and back down. the hour more drive almost seems worth it.

may to june time frame. thanks

thanks! Joe
4 REPLIES 4

CManley
Explorer
Explorer
HWY 50 to 395 @ Carson City would be a little shorter than 80, or

HWY 50 to HWY 89 @ Myers, HWY 88 in Hope Valley and then a right turn at Minden NV onto HWY 395. This is the route I take, less traffic (once you get out of Placerville) and a scenic ride.
2015 303 RLS GD Reflection, 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Duramax

[url=]

joeymack
Explorer
Explorer
thanks both, 108 didn't sound that good thanks and Garcia 80 is only another 20 minutes. that's surprising. Sounds like a plan. Its the long way home but most pleasant and safest. I might make a pit stop in reno or Tahoe on the way home.

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
Highway 108 is not a highway you should take. It is steep, 26% I believe, and narrow and has many tight turns. Hwy 50 would be my choice.
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
If your coming from Sonoma, I would make the trip easy and take I-80 to 395.