cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What size bedding?

dnmccoy
Explorer
Explorer
Our camper has advertised bunk size of 60" x 70", what size bedding would fit it? I'm guessing a full?
8 REPLIES 8

happybooker1
Explorer
Explorer
Go to a Good Will or thrift store and buy a pair of men's suspenders. Then just make an "X" on the bottom of the bed with the larger sheets to pull the excess under. I find the suspenders work much better than the elastic straps in each corner.
2008 Tacoma Extended Cab
2009 Keystone Hideout 19FLB
Andersen "No Sway" "No Bounce" WDH

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I am over 300 lbs. When getting in and out of the bed and tossing and turning I tend to pull fitted sheets loose from the opposite side of the bed that I get in and out from. I found these sheet grippers and place them on the side that keeps pulling loose. They work great!

Instead of buying custom short queen sheets you might put regular fitted queen sheets on from the head of the bed first and after pulling tight at the foot of the bed slip the keepers on at the bottom foot of the bed and tuck the extra under the mattress. The keepers will only work if you have a bead around the mattress bottom edges. They work by pinching the sheet around the mattress bead. After pinching the sheet around the bead with your fingers you slide the keeper along the bead while pushing it over the bead.

Rog___Nan
Explorer
Explorer
I use reg queen but before you wash take a 6" tuck at one end. I place the tuck at head of bed as the pillow covers it so you never know it's there. If you can sew your self saves money.
Rog & Nan
'96 Cruise Master
32' no slide (love it)
'2010 Vue Saturn Toad
Roadmaster Tow & Brake
Banks Power

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
I use standard queen sheets and clip the corners with those elastic keepers (buy at Walmart or any box store). This keeps the corners from pulling off if you roll around. Those made for RV sheets are crazy expensive.

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
I agree about the jersey sheets but before I found them I placed a fitted bottom sheet on the bed and pinched up the excess amount to see how much smaller would work well and sewed a pleat all along the bottom. Before that I sent for some expensive sheets made for that size, I ended up throwing them away as they felt awful.
I had some full sized flannel sheets that I added a strip of fabric to so they were a little larger and they also work just fine.
My experience with the made for RV sheets was ten years ago so perhaps they are better now.

Iluvrvcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I buy the jersey t-shirt sheets from Wal Mart for our short queen. Fits good. You can size down with these if you want cause they have some give to them if you don't use a mattress cover. I have a cover on mine so I use the queen size.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
I pulled this from JCPenney - it lists the sizes of a Sealy mattress. You can expect them to be standard sizes for the twin, full, etc.:

Twin: 38x74ยฝx10ยพ"H
Full: 53x74ยฝx10ยพ"H
Queen: 60x79ยฝx10ยพ"H
King: 76x79ยฝx10ยพ"H
Cal. King: 72x83ยฝx10ยพH
XL Twin: 38x79ยฝx10ยพ"H

As you can see, you will want to use Queen size sheets, and you'll have a bit of extra in the length.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is called a Short Queen. Mostly special order but a few stores carry it. The mattress places near me will have it special ordered from any mattress manufacturer they stock Takes about 10 days,

'Call around and ask if the store has a short queen the answer you receive will tell you if you should even go to the store
Traveling with my best friend my wife!