cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

15 inch LT tires

Procrastinator
Explorer
Explorer
We just came back from a great 2700 mile trip. We did it just with the truck and rented a vacation home which was very nice and the first in 25 years of vacationing. We are planning on going again to various areas down there with the trailer, but I fear the 15 inch China tires. I have nice aluminum rims and price is always a concern so I don't mind paying for new tires, but new tires and new rims are out of the question. Does anyone readily know if there is a good reputable brand LT tire in a 15 size?

Thanks in advance,
2018 F150 Max Tow with 6.5 "long" bed.

2019 Coachman Freedom Express Liberty 292BHDSLE
13 REPLIES 13

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
dodge guy wrote:
When I was searching for tires for my trailer I found no 15"LT tires. What I ended up going with were 15" Carlisle radial trail RH ST's in a load range E. They now offer even higher rated ST tires called radial trail HD, those will be my next set.

I`ll edit this to say "no "E" rated 15" LT tires"
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

73guna
Explorer
Explorer
I know you asked about LT tires but simple tire has Goodyear Endurance on sale now with free shipping.
225/75r15 for $403 shipped.

https://simpletire.com/goodyear-225-75r15-724857519-tires

Just in case you decide to go that route...

When the time comes for me to replace my trailer tires next year I'll still be torn between LT's and GY Endurance.
2007 Chevy Silverado Crewcab Duramax.
2016 Wildwood 31qbts.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Just about all the major usa tire brands have a LT235/75-15 C load range 50 psi at 1980 lbs capacity.

As gmw says the Goodyear Wrangler HT has the above LT tire size...... and a LT215/85-15 D 65 psi at 2096 lbs capacity

Maxxis markets a U-168 commercial grade in three different capacities up to 2469 lbs. These are the all position euro-size class tires.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I was searching for tires for my trailer I found no 15"LT tires. What I ended up going with were 15" Carlisle radial trail RH ST's in a load range E. They now offer even higher rated ST tires called radial trail HD, those will be my next set.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
Barney makes a good point above that if you need a 15" load range E, his maxxis is a choice.

My 15" GoodYear Wranglers are load range D (2100 pounds at 65 psi ), which work for my application, but may not work for folks with a heavier trailer.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have had the Maxxis M-8808, 10ply 15inch ST Tires on my trailer since 2015. They have made a round trip from Michigan to Florida twice and a round trip from Michigan to Texas once. Never a single problem and they very seldom need air. I run them at the max sidewall pressure of 80psi and they are wearing evenly with very little wear.

Excellent tire in my opinion. I have had Maxxis tires since about 2008 with never a problem. I think they are an excellent choice for those of us who have 15 inch wheels and could use a higher load tire.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
Just as a point of info, there are also 14" commercial LT tires available.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Michelin makes a Defender 235/75R15/XL. This not a true LT tire, but the "XL" does mean it is rated to carry an "extra load", 2271 lbs/tire @ 50 psi. 6 tires, that is OVER 13,000 lbs ! I think that is the biggest tire they make in 15".

These things wear like IRON and I think they are available at Sams or Costco.

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
I have good year wrangler HT 15" light truck tires on one of my horse trailers.

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
Maxxis makes a 10 ply 15โ€ Tire for your trailer. Itโ€™s a quality and proven tire that runs 80psi. I have their 16โ€ on my trailer and really like them. Be sure they balance them!
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

neil57
Explorer
Explorer
Cooper makes LT tires in 15โ€โ€
2009 2500HD Sierra CC DA
2014 Crossroads Cruiser 35ss

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why not look into the Goodyear Endurance tires? They are made in the USA, are speed rated at 80+ miles and hour, and come in LRD and LRE ratings. No C ratings, that I know of.

Granted, they do not have a long track record yet, since the first come out early in 2017, but there haven't been any catastrophic incidents reported yet.

Procrastinator wrote:
We just came back from a great 2700 mile trip. We did it just with the truck and rented a vacation home which was very nice and the first in 25 years of vacationing. We are planning on going again to various areas down there with the trailer, but I fear the 15 inch China tires. I have nice aluminum rims and price is always a concern so I don't mind paying for new tires, but new tires and new rims are out of the question. Does anyone readily know if there is a good reputable brand LT tire in a 15 size?

Thanks in advance,
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I was told by a tire dealer there are no LT 15 size tires. I upgraded the load range on mine from a C to D.

To correct this... not correct.... no 14 LT tires. I had info wrong. My former fifth-wheel was 15 and I could get LT for that. My
current TT is 14 and I cannot get LT for this one.

Edited by Barb