cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2 questions about using the pink stuff

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
I have always been a line blower outer till we got our B (which never seems to get all the water out when blowing). I have a couple questions since I have to use pink stuff in there...

1. Is the pink stuff (I got the Camco Arctic Ban) OK to sit in the toilet or will it be bad for the seal? I can't get the pink stuff out because if I flush - more pink stuff comes out of the lines.

I use the Thetford Toilet Seal Lubricant and Conditioner in our trailer as I don't use the pink stuff in the lines.

2. Will the plumbing at the water inlet be OK since there is no pink stuff in there, I'm assuming there is still water. Or will the water mix with the pink stuff in the lines and then will that be enough to keep it from freezing?

Just trying to be safe...

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics
17 REPLIES 17

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
ok to use it ,I flush in the spring ,then run half cup colrox thru the system .and let sit couple hours ,then flush couple times.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
pasusan wrote:
1 I can't get the pink stuff out because if I flush - more pink stuff comes out of the lines.

I use the Thetford Toilet Seal Lubricant and Conditioner in our trailer as I don't use the pink stuff in the lines.

2. .. Or will the water mix with the pink stuff in the lines and then will that be enough to keep it from freezing?
1. Those statements seem to contradict.

2. Pink is designed to be used full strength.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
1. Its fine to sit in the bowl - used it for 9 years
2. The lines in will fine also

I only screwed up once when I did not run pink stuff through the outside shower
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks