cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 Fusion Titanium Energi

mrbobcc
Explorer
Explorer
I am told that there is no wiring harness available for the Titanium LED tail lights. Does anybody know of one or how to connect the car lights to the RV?
2 REPLIES 2

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
I own a 2013 Fusion hybrid, which has same taillight design as your Fusion Energi.

When I was doing the tailight wiring for our Fusion, I took one look at the LED taillight assemblies, and decided there was no way I was tapping into or connecting any harness into those things, haha. Just looked too complicated to mess with, and very easy to foul something up.

My solution: As previously noted, I bought a set of external lights and put them on the rear shelf right behind the headrest of rear seats. Put a piece of velcro on bottom of light assembly, they stick right in place on that back shelf (without having to put velcro material on shelf itself). Ran wires for them down to the trunk, and underneath car to the front 6 round connector.

That said, I do recall at one point seeing a wiring kit with harnesses for the Fusion on etrailer.com. Can't seem to find it now, but I know it was there at one time. Ultimately I decided not to go that route, though, as I was/am just too paranoid about tapping into the wiring on this vehicle any more than is necessary, due to how complicated it seems to be.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

Cbones
Explorer
Explorer
Call BlueOx, but from what I can find, it looks like either magnetic or internal lights mounted on the rear deck.