cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 Jeep Patriot (Manual Transmission)

Deputy_Chief_P_
Explorer
Explorer
We have been RVing since 1999, and are not very experienced towing a dinghy. Since we recently retired and are traveling more of a distance from home, we decided to equip ourselves with a tow vehicle. Pursuant to the recommendation of the "Hitch House" (business that does baseplate and tow bar installation), we installed a blue ox base place with an adapter that accomodates a Demco tow bar.

We are towing a Jeep Patriot (3200 lbs) behind a 2003 Pace Arrow Motorhome. Just got it set up yesterday. Is there anything we should know or be aware of to avoid any problems or difficulties. Definitely felt a difference towing vs. not towing. I am wondering if a supplemental bake system would be necessary. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
My advice is worth what you paid for it!

Both of us are Retired Law Enforcement

2003 Pace Arrow 36B
Ansel Adams Edition
3 slide outs
FMCA
Good Sams Lifetime Member

2014 Jeep Patriot Toad
3 REPLIES 3

Deputy_Chief_P_
Explorer
Explorer
I just checked the dinghy towing law in my state and it answered my question. Thanks
My advice is worth what you paid for it!

Both of us are Retired Law Enforcement

2003 Pace Arrow 36B
Ansel Adams Edition
3 slide outs
FMCA
Good Sams Lifetime Member

2014 Jeep Patriot Toad

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
You should really have a braking system on your Jeep. Several are available. Lots of opinions. I use the Blue Ox Patriot braking system. Follow directions for towing Jeep in your manual. I tow my manual tranny Jeep in 2nd gear & 4WD in nuetral. Many states not only require braking system but also a break away switch.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked the law on this in you state and in states you want to travel to.
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks