cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 nights in your RV ???????

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
How many nights in your RV for 2016 so far? Camping ,traveling,visiting family how ever you use it.
๐Ÿ™‚ :B:@:h:C
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog
67 REPLIES 67

Redterpos3
Explorer
Explorer
Well, for 2016 we started off with a nice 12 night trip together, then our year dramatically changed with a new job opportunity for DW so she stayed in Trailer for 32 days as we transitioned. Haven't been able to do any other trailering to date as we are still setting up new home. I do however have to find a new home for the trailer as I can't keep it at the new abode. Will need to store it nearby now, bummer, but doable I think!
The Travelin' Terrapins!
2016 Ford F-350 SRW;CC;4x4;172WB;6.7PSD;34,000m
2011 Nash 27T 12,995m
2013 Yr1 30nts 3150m
2014 Yr2 52nts 3365m
2015 yr3 25nts 2260m
2016 yr4 46nts 2500m
2017 yr5 24nts 1720m
2018 yr6 4nts 30m

ocbms
Explorer
Explorer
a week short of 6 months ( 9 states) and expect 9-11 weeks yet to be in the RV possibility adding 6 states. While the RV was parked the 68 day nights, the car had over 10,000 miles in 13 states. Most of the car miles to support grandchildren
2015 Freightliner M2 106
2016 Mobile Suites 38PS3
Previously 2010 Montana and Pleasure Way Excel TS

JerryNH
Explorer
Explorer
77 days to date- went coast to coast and then some.
2002 Monaco Beaver
2015 Ford Edge toad w/ Brake Buddy
Blue Ox Aventa II tow bar

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
We are in ours EVERY night of EVERY year! :B
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Daughters house several nights, Dearborn Ford Museum, 3 nights , Mackinaw 2 nights, Club rallies 6 nights. On way to Colorado transmission blew 2 weeks later repair done hope to have MH back to take advantage of LD trip.

twxsby89
Explorer
Explorer
I had to go look at a calendar, so I could tally up my score.
I will count Dec '15, because Santa brought us our first TT just this past Christmas, and we put 3000 miles on it our first trip. It's been slow since...
17 nights so far (+3 for Labor day this weekend).
2013 K2500 Suburban
2016 Coachmen 310BHDSLE
2011 JKUR
2012 Wells Cargo Camp Convert

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Not one steenkin' day in an RV for 2016 but can do a countdown until the day I can pick one up but but I don't wanna-too depressing:).

Have tent camped for 29 days so far and enjoyed everyday of the time spent...welllllllll almost;).

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
SoundGuy wrote:
FunnyCamper wrote:
give it up...it obviously is NOT a contest and screw the 'wrong turn' on this thread. it is just a fun chat. Leave it alone please ๐Ÿ™‚
if 'so what' bow out and stop annoying others, geez ๐Ÿ™‚

No thanks, I have just as much right to express an opinion as any. :R

Yup, express the negativity and useless thought. Sounds good to me that one would want to put that out in the thread. Not.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Full time

TBammer
Explorer
Explorer
Not enough.
2016 Chevy 2500 HD, 6.0 gasser, 4.10 dif
2019 Arctic Fox 25W
Reese Pro-Series WD Hitch

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
No - we aren't supposed to keep score.

But many of us enjoy keeping track of our travels. Number of nights, number of different states, number of different campgrounds, number of miles, etc.

And such things as number of dollars spent of fuel, number of dollars spent on campgrounds, number of dollars spent on RV maintenance and stuff, number of dollars spent on ......????

One thing I've learned from these forums is that RVers are not a group of people with common plans, goals, experiences.

The only thing we have in common is we enjoy using our fiberglass or aluminum box to have our own place to stay when away from 'home'. Unless like me - that box is our home.

Most people use their RV as a weekend getaway. The VAST majority. Many are happy with their few weekends a year, and maybe one vacation. Many wish they could do more.

Most retired full-timers did the rush to the campground late on Friday, head back home on Sunday trips for years. The one big trip per year vacations for 20-30-40 years. Now we are simply happy to not have to plan everything around a calendar/ work schedule. That if we get up and the weather is bad - we go to the CG office, extend our stay another day, and go back to bed.

Some folks use their RV as a traveling home because the way they earn a living is by going from place to place. Their RV is a better home while working in a different town every few weeks than renting an extended stay hotel/motel room. This is very likely the largest group of full-timers - but they mostly don't consider themselves RVers. The rig is just a convenience. They are not in an RV as a choice, but as a necessity.

Back in the late 60s, my best friend's father worked pipeline construction. Every summer, he would buy a used 40 foot mobile home (no fresh water, gray water or black water tanks, no easy power connector) and tow it from job site to job site - staying about a month at a time at various mobile home parks. Because he wanted the family to spend the summer with him. He spent 6 to 8 months on the road alone working the rest of the year.

He never considered himself an RVer. Never has liked camping or the rest of the RV type living experience. It was just a way to keep the family together.

Some folks are like us, have decided a peaceful retirement does not include spending thousands of dollars a year on maintaining a home in some town. If I never have to touch a lawnmower or weedeater again - I will die happy.

We could not take the long trips we wanted while we were working. Living full-time in the RV isn't really very much cheaper than living in home, but it is cheaper than trying to maintain a home and travel in the RV.

Some of our best friends will spend close to 6 consecutive months on the road in their Class A this year. Currently on their way back from Alaska. All told - they will likely spend less than 100 days in their beautiful mountainside home overlooking a nice lake in the hill country of Texas.

And they are starting to wonder about the value of the money and effort they have to put into keeping up that home while they are on the road so much.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
We're up to 37 days so far. Not to shabby for the weekend warrior category. We would of put a few days on coming up but's in on loan right now, not a bad thing need to save some the green stuff. Figure by the end of the year we'll 50 days and over 60 days the RV was used.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wow, this thread sure has brought the forum clowns out in full force. :R

Only 16 this year do to a broken shoulder, a long way away from the 85 last year.

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Left home April 20th & will be out for at least another month.
www.putt10.net