cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 nights in your RV ???????

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
How many nights in your RV for 2016 so far? Camping ,traveling,visiting family how ever you use it.
๐Ÿ™‚ :B:@:h:C
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog
67 REPLIES 67

Addy15
Explorer
Explorer
We are just weekenders and don't have time to go out every weekend. So far this summer, 12 nights with 6 more planned. Not very many...

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
There seems to be three main groups:

The weekend warriors: Doing almost every weekend plus maybe a summer trip of a couple weeks. These people are still working & have kids lives to work around.

The extended travelers: This group is retired, or able to work on the road. They are high milage people & do 100 plus nights a year but still call a house somewhere home.

The fulltimers: Says it all. These are homeless vagrants that everyone strives to be. Home is wherever the RV is everyday of the year. Easy for them to count how many days a year they use the RV. All of them.

We love being homeless vagrants. We worked most of our lives for it. Since we've been on the road, we have met quite a few people who previously full timed on a sailboat. Talk about the best of both worlds!

After we travel the US for x number of years, the people we have met, and the stories we have heard, make the sailboat fulltiming a distinct possibility in the future.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
I only know we do over 6 months each year.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Bucky Badger wrote:
no RV notebook, nothing

I keep a notebook of gallons of gas and odometer readings. My fuel gauge quit when it had barely 10,000 miles on it. I haven't run it out yet. (knocking on wood)
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Bucky Badger wrote:
SoundGuy wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Are we supposed to keep score? I have no idea, didn't realize it was a contest.

pennysmom09 wrote:
Lighten up folks, just a fun thread!

"Lighten up?" :h Sounds like a reasonable question to me. I don't keep track, never have, would always like to camp more than we do but "life" always seems to get in the way. It is what it is, we go when we can, some years more so than others. So what? :R

Another I don't keep track, no need to. I go to have fun. And no I don't keep any spread sheet of any kind, no RV notebook, nothing

I don't etch the headboard either,, But we do take pictures while camping and keep them in folders on the computer,, So for me I just went to "Camping 2016" And remembered the trips we took and the nights we spent camping,, Not any secret information given, Some years the Camping file is bigger,, this year not so much!!
If you don't want to tell how many days you have spent this year in your camper,,,,,,,,"Sit This One OUT" What ever!!

As before in different threads,, If this bothers you to answer,,,,,,,,GET ANOTHER HOBBY!!!

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
I don't get the "are we supposed to keep score" comment. Seems to be an objection to the post? Why?
Jayco-noslide

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
I'm estimating 120. That's snowbirding in Jan and Feb. a 3 night local outing and about 2 weeks to North Carolina and Ga. Hope to leave soon for Grand Teton and YNP for another 20 nights.
Jayco-noslide

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
There seems to be three main groups:

The weekend warriors: Doing almost every weekend plus maybe a summer trip of a couple weeks. These people are still working & have kids lives to work around.

The extended travelers: This group is retired, or able to work on the road. They are high milage people & do 100 plus nights a year but still call a house somewhere home.

The fulltimers: Says it all. These are homeless vagrants that everyone strives to be. Home is wherever the RV is everyday of the year. Easy for them to count how many days a year they use the RV. All of them.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

southernsnow
Explorer
Explorer
Scheduled for 34. We usually have approx. 60, which I always feel pretty good about considering we still work. Too expensive for a lawn ornament! But family commitments this year have us tied up during some of our usual travel times.

Glad to see so many enjoying so much!!

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Are we supposed to keep score? I have no idea, didn't realize it was a contest.

pennysmom09 wrote:
Lighten up folks, just a fun thread!

"Lighten up?" :h Sounds like a reasonable question to me. I don't keep track, never have, would always like to camp more than we do but "life" always seems to get in the way. It is what it is, we go when we can, some years more so than others. So what? :R

Another I don't keep track, no need to. I go to have fun. And no I don't keep any spread sheet of any kind, no RV notebook, nothing
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
I find this thread interesting even without the snarky comments. I like to see how many of the replies are full-time and how much others used their RV.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Embarrassingly few. 2 at the Pocono Raceway, 2 at Hershey. Headed to the Promised Land in October for another weekend stay. But...the rig makes a great guest house. I've had friends and family spend more nights in it than I have. I use it as an office, too, when I work at home (too many distractions in the house). I do wish I had more time (and money) to take it places though.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Judgerr
Explorer
Explorer
241 & counting!
Oooops make that 239! Miscounted!!
2008 F-350 6.8 DRW Lariat 4x2 Aug 2014. Scan Gauge II, Bilsteins,
Full Timing & Loving it!
2014 Jayco Eagle Premier 321RLTS
I'm not a judge, it's just a nickname from USMC days!
"SEMPER FI" Vietnam 1968!

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yesterday, while out boating sitting around on a shallow sandbar sucking up appropriate boat beverages (beer, same as RVers), we were doing the same comparisson. In our boating days we were doing something around 40 nights a year. We lived for getting out on the boat.

The reality for most boaters is that they might get a total of 15 overnights a year. Have to wonder why most even have a boat. Such a hassel to load then unload after only a night or two. Load the car. Drive to the boat. Unload car. Walk forever to get boat loaded. Do a pile of things that must be done before the boat is ready to move. Do all of that in reverse when you return.

Most RVers have it easy. Directly load the RV at your leasure right outside your house. Hook up & off we go.

For us it takes a full day of air travel & sitting around waiting for the connection then an hours shuttle bus ride to where our truck is. However we do a minimum of 2 month long trips.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Up until April probably 20 or so. We left home in May and will be back early November or late October. We will take off for a week or so in November then again in December. I haven't counted them up. But we have spent several.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee