cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 in 1 RV Care Window and Track Dry Lube Spray

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I have seen this advertised many times recently just before various RV videos on YouTube. I thought: Great, it's extremely hard to move some of my windows, I'm going to buy a can! Then I went on Amazon, and they want $44.12 for ONE CAN! That seems outrageous for a can of spray lube. I think that this stuff is probably some ordinary type of lubricant that is just being hyped up, and can be purchased much cheaper in its generic form. Does anyone know what this stuff really is? and maybe have a suggestion for a cheaper brand? Thank You.
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO
4 REPLIES 4

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try candle wax first, one of the best and lowest cost "dry lubes" one can buy..

Simply take a candle and rub it down each track several times, then run widow over the tracks a few times and repeat the process until window glides easily and smoothly..

Figured this trick out many years ago when I saw that tip for fixing sticking zippers..

Also candle wax can be used to lubricant aid for driving wood screws into hard woods, rub screw across a candle a couple of times to pick up wax then run screw into the wood..

Have also seen folks mention that candle wax can be used to aid getting heavily rusted bolts and nuts apart, heat the bolt or nut, then apply candle to the hot bolt or nut, the heat melts the wax and the wax is drawn between the threads..

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
You're right. I didn't read the listing very well. My bad. Still seem expensive for spray lube.
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
I just checked Amazon and it it $44 for a 6 pack.
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found this inexpensive product worked well on my motorhome windows as well as my patio enclosure windows at the S&B home.

3 in 1 Lube
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption