cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

6 inch cutout for 2 inch drain pipe- and I got mice

bandit86
Explorer
Explorer
Can't find my other post about mice. Finally crawled under the camper with a tube of silicone to seal up all the mouse entry ways like wires, gas lines and anything else. Found some steel wool jammed into and duct taped to where the fresh water filler comes out through the bottom to the tank, not cool. Siliconed them all. Kept looking for stuff I could have missed and saw some light. Followed it, top of the Grey water tank filler/ kitchen sink drain had a 6 inch opening with a 2 inch pipe going out, no insulation or anything around it; mouse entry heaven, little bastard can get up in the rail, walk to the tank and climb right in. All I had was some green expanding foam with pest block, filled it in.

Found a nest behind the furnace I can't get to, need a small shop vac or something. Then I need to plug her in and make sure everything still works.

One thing, the main 12v power from battery- cable insulation is junk, good thing I caught it (07 keystone) it is on the verge of shorting to the frame.

So, if you have a Hobbi, check your drain pipes for pest entry seal
1 REPLY 1

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
HERE is your thread about mice.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers