cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adults only RV Park

GoldwingCapeCod
Explorer
Explorer
We will be a retired couple in January 2014 ๐Ÿ™‚ and we are doing our homework re. The RVing lifestyle.

During our research last weekend we happened to be at CI in Merrimack, NH. in the waiting area there was a dad and his 2 pre-teen sons. The dad was watching TV and the boys were wreaking havoc at the coffee machine. I waited 10 minutes for these two to vacate the machine. They were performing "scientific experiments" with coffee tea and chemical whitener and had no intention of drinking their product.

This got me thinking so I did a search here for Adult RV parks with minimal success.
I am not talking nudist colony here because frankly.... Fill in the blanks. I am talking Adults only. No offense to all you wonderful parents and grandparents out there.

Mike S
Michael
Toes in the water

K1VTR 73
2007 Honda Goldwing
2012 Can Am Spyder (hers)
41 REPLIES 41

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Clothing Optional Campground near White Springs. Passport America. Suwannee Valley Resort Website on the river in White Springs went this route during the economic downturn. Never stayed there but we had friends that did befor it was designated clothing optional..

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
In our park we have a RC race track, and we offer grandkids a free airline or bus ticket home after their first day racing their grandfathers RC truck! Man they learn quick!

As rk911 wrote there are rules that allow visits from family and friends.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
dieharder wrote:
You know, when I retire, I thought of using 55+ parks when snowbirding, but then I realized that, if I were to do that, my daughter couldn't visit us with the grandkids over the holidays if we did that. There is a negative to everything.

a lot of 55+ parks that we've used allow children to visit X-times per year for Y-days per visit. I don't think we've ever been in one that didn't.

Definitely something I'll have to look into before deciding, that's for sure.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
taigarazz wrote:
Four Paws Kingdom, near Asheville, NC unabashedly promotes itself as a campground for adults and their dogs. Significant restrictions regarding children. Nice campground, friendly owners and staff. Lots of dog, but all with well behaved owners who paid attention to them.
We would go their again, with or without dogs

X3

They have lots of great events they schedule there. The breakfast they serve (when they do it) is just divine.

Dog Folks wrote:
"We have found that "over 55" parks, really means over 75. I prefer not having everyone over a certain age."

Careful now. If you are lucky you will be 75 someday.

I dont plan on growing up, so I dont have that to worry about.
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

pf32450
Explorer
Explorer
Danforth Bay RV in Ossipee in NH has both family camping and over 50 camping at the Bluffs RV Resort. Were there a few years ago with our kids and grand kids and had a great time. Rode bikes to the 50+ campground and was very nice also. Have to admit still like camping where there are children playing. Like hearing there laughter. 50+ still to quiet so far, though that might change.
2014 Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 8321KBS
2010 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 6.4L Diesel

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Crown Villa RV resort in Bend Or. Not adults only per say, but with no play ground or pool and with rates of $63.00-83.00 during peak summer months (when mom. dad and the kids are vacationing) it's not really attractive for families.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
dieharder wrote:
You know, when I retire, I thought of using 55+ parks when snowbirding, but then I realized that, if I were to do that, my daughter couldn't visit us with the grandkids over the holidays if we did that. There is a negative to everything.

a lot of 55+ parks that we've used allow children to visit X-times per year for Y-days per visit. I don't think we've ever been in one that didn't.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
1999 Itasca Sunrise

StephJohn2010
Explorer
Explorer
GoldwingCapeCod wrote:

This got me thinking so I did a search here for Adult RV parks with minimal success.
I am not talking nudist colony here because frankly.... Fill in the blanks. I am talking Adults only. No offense to all you wonderful parents and grandparents out there.

Mike S

Small annoyances by young and old, that's why our house has wheels. Be it rare, we just move over to the next place.
John & Steph
2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40x (35,000 miles)
380 HP Cummins with an Allison Transmission - Freightliner Chassis
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited Active Drive II

GrumpyGator
Explorer
Explorer
Best Campground Ever:

Low Key Hideaway in Cedar Key, FL.

No kids. They have 3 RV spaces with full hookups. 5 Hotel rooms. All 30 ft from the Gulf of Mexico. Pets are welcome.

Awesome owners, awesome staff.

Oh, and did I mention they have a Tiki Bar?

Check out their website, and their rating on TripAdvisor.
2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
My friends and I drive by one of those "Adults only" signs in Texas. It's in front of a run down mobile home park that's back in the bushes a bit off the highway. We've often commented about what might be going on there that requires "adults only" LOL...

B.O
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
willald wrote:
Hmmm, I wonder if there are any 'Nobody over 55' RV parks as well, for anyone that doesn't want to be around grumpy, intolerant older folks when they camp?

Or maybe some 'No dogs allowed' RV parks, for those that don't want to deal with dogs?

Or, maybe a 'No diesel rigs' RV park, for those that can't stand the smell of diesel fumes?

Or, maybe a 'No outdoor activity allowed' RV park, for those that just want to sit inside their RV all day and watch TV, and don't want to see others outside having campfires, cooking/eating outside, etc.

I mean, if we're going to try to selfishly exclude folks that aren't just like ourselves, might as well cover all the bases, right? ๐Ÿ™‚

selfish???
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
"We have found that "over 55" parks, really means over 75. I prefer not having everyone over a certain age."

Careful now. If you are lucky you will be 75 someday.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Do your research. "Adult" RV park doesn't always translate into adult behavior.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)