RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Generator question

For those that parallel generators, do you attempt to equalize run time on each machine?

pitch by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

A Winterizing Question

Is it better to drain the blackwater tank completely, or should I leave some water in it and add some pink stuff. If the latter, how much of each?

Do I need a WD hitch for this set up?

I have a 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax 4x4 crew with short bed. I'm going next week to pick up a 5000lb TT with a tongue weight of 550lbs and an overall length of 29ft. Its going to be a 6hr trip towing the TT. I don't want the dealer to sell me a W...

compartment door struts

could anyone advise how to get the compartment doors to open wider? this is a 32' 2011 allegro open road. I already have 23" struts that only open halfway.

teddodd by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Setting up WD hitch with 2500HD

Well I made the change from a 04 1500 to a 12 2500HD. I took the camper and hitch up to a large level parking area close to home to setup the hitch on the 2500HD before we make our first trip. Pulled out my directions and followed them as directed...

ashnic by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Carlisle USA tires

Anyone have these or offer any opinions on them? I am looking to replace my trailer tires and I stumbled upon these http://www.treaddepot.com/tire/519400.html . They say made in the USA, which makes me more confident in them. Problem is, I can't r...

spoon059 by Explorer II
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Oregon state tax on Workcampers?

We live in Washington. If we make $1 per day workcamping in Oregon, will we need to file Oregon income tax? How about other states that have a state tax? If we need to pay to have taxes done in various states, it would put a damper on workcamping i...

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Rollover Accident

There was a rollover accident in Springfield, Ohio involving a travel trailer and a SUV. No cause is listed and no injuries were reported. http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/news/local/no-serious-injuries-after-camper-rolls-over/nbM37/

Keyless RAV4 on a dolly

2013 RAV4 when towed on a dolly will not start no push button response have to roll it off dolly then a normal start what if I parked it on a hill whould the same thing happen and how do I eliminate the problem, dealer thinks it might be a anti theft...

Mor/ryde Easy Reel

I would like to heard from anyone that has the Mor/ryde easy reel for a 50 amp power cord...http://www.makariosrv.com/morryde-easy-reel-spooler-reel56-004h/I would like to know what you think about how the reel is built (good or cheap) and how easy i...

Brake control compatibility with exhaust brake

Which type brake control is best for a 2007 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 5.9 CTD 48RE auto tranny with BD inline exhaust brake and air bags. We are looking at 5th wheels with Trailair king pin and disk brakes. I've read a little on each type of brake cont...

Who's camping this weekend?

We're heading out tomorrow for Rifle River State Recreation in Midland for 4 nights. Suppose to be on the cool side - high of 55/60 tomorrow. Got the sweats/sweatshirts all packed up. On the menu is BLTs, Hot Dogs, Chicken - probably fried and Piz...

Just bought 2006 Prius, anyone tow one?

We have a georgie boy cruisemaster 34' with ford chassis, looking to get a tow dolly To tow the prius. Just wondering if anyone on here has experience with one? I think It looks pretty low profile,,, don't want the rear bumper dragging on the ground....