cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Who's camping this weekend?

surgtech56
Explorer
Explorer
We're heading out tomorrow for Rifle River State Recreation in Midland for 4 nights. Suppose to be on the cool side - high of 55/60 tomorrow. Got the sweats/sweatshirts all packed up. On the menu is BLTs, Hot Dogs, Chicken - probably fried and Pizza Casserole. I think we'll get in one last camping trip next month.
49 REPLIES 49

porknbeanr
Explorer
Explorer
Headed out to Cuddeback dry Lake for the first desert camp of hopefully many more this season. Never been there before now I can cross it off the list. four rigs going, should be a lot of fun.
2008 CYCLONE 4012
2008 F350 SUPER DUTY
2007 ARCTIC CAT PROWLER SXS
1999 CLUB CAR

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Arrived at Starve Hallow State Recreation, Indiana, today. Will be here till Tuesday. What a really nice campground. First time here.

Hawkeye02
Explorer
Explorer
Hope to go next Thursday for three nights at Lake O' The Pines with friends...then Oct. to Lake DeGray in Ark. for the 2013 National Dutch Oven event, for a week.

Gunner45
Explorer
Explorer
We are counting down the days/weeks to our first family camp trip! It's not until the middle of October, but we are still excited! I'm getting the meal plan together, dh and I both have our 1 day of PTO approved (yes, it's just a long weekend) and the 14 yr old (and her bestie) both have that day off school ๐Ÿ™‚

The oldest ds is also going and bringing his family.

Other than a trial run overnighter at my parents house, this will be our first family trip with all of us together at the same time ๐Ÿ™‚

~ Dori ~

livelylittlecam
Explorer
Explorer
Cape May, New Jersey. The pool at Seashore Campsites should still be open!!

chezmoose
Explorer
Explorer
ceaser 22000 wrote:
Rifle River Rec area is a very nice place

X2

We haven't camped there in years but like to rent their rustic cabins in the winter and go ice fishing and snowshoeing.
DH, Me and 3 Australian Shepherds
2011 F150 EcoBoost Super Crew
"Elsa" - 2014 Skyline Eco Camp 19WQ
"Stella" - 1974 Starcraft Galaxy 6 PUP

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
it was more afrad if you

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back home from 5 days in the North Georgia mountains. The leaves have just barely started changing and it was cool and damp--perfect fall camping weather. After Sunday everyone pretty much cleared out and left us there by ourselves. Which was great mostly, but walking the dog at night was an exercise in courage. It was black-dark out there, no moon or stars, and something was muttering & growling and rustling around in the bushes. I don't know if it was a dog, a raccoon, or possibly a bear out there, but we didn't hang around to find out! My little doggy got his business done and got outta there!
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

ceaser_22000
Explorer
Explorer
Rifle River Rec area is a very nice place, DW and I our headed out to Grand Haven State Park for 4 days hope to get in two more camps before State parks shut down for year.:)

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Returned after a week and had a wonderful time even without our cell working or getting TV or Wifi. Deer walked thru the park, leaves fell, rain poured down a couple of days and sun was bright a couple more. Love fall camping.

chezmoose
Explorer
Explorer
DH is headed to Hartwick Pines State Park tomorrow and I will meet him there on Friday. We don't usually do the state park thing but this time of year it's nice and quiet and the sites are amazingly secluded for a state park.
DH, Me and 3 Australian Shepherds
2011 F150 EcoBoost Super Crew
"Elsa" - 2014 Skyline Eco Camp 19WQ
"Stella" - 1974 Starcraft Galaxy 6 PUP

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, we're done for the season. ๐Ÿ˜ž Cleaning and winter prep are under way.
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
we got a football game to camp at then home pack more food then gone for a couple weeks yes we are camping

revump
Explorer
Explorer
We will camp on our son's 10 acres
Bob