RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Uh oh!!! Key broke in the door lock.

Bought our TT in March & have only taken it out one weekend but have an 8 day trip planned next week. We got into the TT this morning but when we tried to get back in a couple hours later the deadbolt key would not turn to unlock it. We were locked o...

weekend plans

I won't have my MH back for this weekend, still being worked on. This will be 3rd weekend in a row it's been at the dealer, but I talked to them today, and they said it will be done by Tuesday. Too bad, my wife is off and it looks like weather will b...

Dumping tanks- Waiting lines

Please humor me this venting rant. If your are guilty of the two items I mention below, I'm sorry for my name calling. If you, like I, are one of the people that try to be prepared when it is your turn at the dump station, a big thank you for being c...

CincyGus by Explorer II
  • 75 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing Ford CMax with keyless start

I just purchased and 2014 CMax and have been reading that you can not tow more than approximately 150 miles at a time before the battery dies.Looking for imput and fix. Thank you.

jurzbill by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My lawn looks terrible!

When I was working and my wife commented on how much better some of the neighbor's yards looked so much better than ours, I told her those were retired guys who had time to keep their lawns up. Now that I am retired and she mentions the good looking...

Small Pickups Coming Back?

Yesterday I was in Parker Arizona at the Chevrolet dealership and was informed that the Colorado may be at the dealership in August. I wonder if the others will follow. Would be great for those of us that have 5000# hitches. OOPs should have been po...

Stay Out of Chicago Weekends in June!

The Kennedy Expressway (I-90/94) through Chicago will have lanes closed three weekends in June:6/13-15 - for 55 hours all Eastbound lanes closed at Ohio/Ontario feeder. Eastbound traffic will use two temporary, 15 MPH lanes.6/20-22 - for 55 hours a...

Washing /waxing

While in TX this winter, a couple told us they had just had their 38 ft. fiver washed for $104.00. We just took ours to a new truck wash facility and had ours washed and waxed for $54.00 and they did a fine job. Same size. What are your experiences? ...

Awning support repair...not fabric

Searching for awning repair seems to yield only fabric questions...I know my fabric is pretty well shot from the AZ sun and how to replace it. Last trip one of the supports was trouble though...One of the spring-loaded pins that sets the awning heigh...

Total Newbie With Questions

Bought a 1978 Dodge Country Squire Sportsman 61,000 miles on odometer. Good condition, AC and Refrig do not work. What class is this?I think the engine is a V8 360 2 barrel....sound right?Engine runs VERY rough, barely makes it uphill. Have changed s...

Why Camp?

Why do you RV on weekends and vacations?For me it was down time. A time to not answer the phone or solve the regular day to day crisis. A time to read a book, eat food we normally cannot afford, and take a nap. In other words, a chance to decompre...

water softener

who uses a softener, what kind, brand? I presently use a Water Boss, but it has become too burdensome when packing up.

2011 Ford F150 and Travel Trailer

Newbie here and appreciate what I have gathered from this forum so far. Just looking for opinions from some experienced people. Have a 2011 Ford F150 Super Crew with 3.73 rear axel, 5.0 L V8, 4x4, 145" WB, and tow package with anti sway control. Bou...

vmacky by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes