cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning support repair...not fabric

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
Searching for awning repair seems to yield only fabric questions...I know my fabric is pretty well shot from the AZ sun and how to replace it. Last trip one of the supports was trouble though...

One of the spring-loaded pins that sets the awning height and usually disengages with the lever wouldn't disengage. (Wish I had taken a pic but I didn't...) the lever works, but doesn't move the pin like it does on the other support. Had to use a screwdriver to pop the pin for each hole until the awning stowed...not fun.

Lever is attached with rivets and not screws. Anyone have experience repairing or replacing the lever or pin and have any advice?

Thanks!
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold
2 REPLIES 2

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
I had the cast metal "foot plate" on mine break. It is also riveted on. Contacted Dometic, they said replace the whole arm section. It wasn't overly expensive, was in stock, and their customer service line is in America. They may need a model number or similar. We have the same levers. I believe they are pretty common.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Replacement parts are available from the awning manufacturer or most RV suppliers online or stores. I've replaced a couple of the levers (easy task if you are handy) over the years but now when they break, I just use the screwdriver like you did.

I finally had to replace the complete awning not just the fabric (it was 20 years old). I used one of the awning trucks that drive through the RV Resort we stay at each year. Very good price and good work.