Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any fixes for Dometic SS fridge door severley scratched

chilibean
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

I have a 2007 Dometic Refrigerator model RM3962 with wrap around Platinum Stainless Steel. The door got a nasty scratch in it, and me being the DIY I am, I decided to try to fix it. Um, nope! Made it oh-so-much worse. Dometic quoted me $986.00 plus shipping:E for a set, but I only need the fridge section. I have not called local RV dealers yet to find out if they can order me one because I know that will still be a lot of $$$. I was thinking about the Thomas Stainless Steel paint, but there are mixed reviews on that, plus it would not be anywhere near the color of the freezer door. I called a local appliance repair shop but they would not touch it. My thinking is now maybe replacing both the panels, but I am not sure if I can do that with the current wrap around. Has anyone here replaced door panels? Or, does anyone have any other ideas? I have lost sleep over this, and feel sick to my stomach every time I look at it. Searching the internet I know I am not alone in ruining a ss door, but that is little comfort knowing this might be a horribly expensive fix. Any ideas or insights are welcome.

Sharon
Alan & Sharon
16 REPLIES 16

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
If the wrap around portion is not damaged, maybe it's possible to cut out the center section of the door a couple of inches or so from the wrap all the way around, adding some kind of trim & a new accent center panel in between.
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
sheet metal shop should be able to bend you a couple.