cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Broken down down tow vehicle

campincory
Explorer
Explorer
We are in our first week long camping trip in our 5th wheel in Florida. Our truck broke down twice on our way here, but we made it. A 12 hour drive turned into 17 hours. The truck worked fine for three days. Took it in for repair at the only diesel place around ion Wednesday after it started acting up again and they've had it ever since. Had to move our camper out of our site called Good Sams and they told me we weren't covered because it was a convenience tow. Got my money back from them after canceling my membership. Luckily another fellow camper towed us to an emergency spot in the park and we've been here since Friday. Hoping the truck gets fixed so we can leave tomorrow. It's nice to be stranded in Florida but we are ready to get home.

ETD please read my post further down for more info.
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison
2007 Coachmen Chaperrel 5th Wheel
32 REPLIES 32

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
campincory wrote:
This situation was an emergency. We are now are covered through our insurance.

Just out of curiosity. Will your insurance tow your TV to one place and your RV to another place if you break down again on the way home?
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

campincory
Explorer
Explorer
This situation was an emergency. We are now are covered through our insurance.
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison
2007 Coachmen Chaperrel 5th Wheel

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would keep the Good Sam Towing . It is EMERGENCY towing . When your truck breaks down on the interstate , thats what its for !