cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cadillac SRX

Dadio24
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have experience with towing a Cadillac SRX four down? I have a Class A Gaser, 5000# max and the SRX is onlt 4400#, about the same as my jeep. Your help is appreciated as I try to eliminate an extra vehicle.
4 REPLIES 4

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
troysmith wrote:
I am new to dinghy towing too, but I did just hook up our 2012 SRX to our motorhome and pull it about 30 miles and it seemed to work real good.

no I wouldn't expect 30 miles of towing to blow anything up even if it was not recommended to tow it. most of my vehicles that couldn't be towed 4 down for RV use all gave emergency towing requirements, less than 50 miles at less than 35 mph or some such.
bumpy

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
According to the Owners Manuals (Located Here) many SRX models (if not all) can be flat towed. I didn't go through every year. For the 2013 model it's page 10-85.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

troysmith
Explorer
Explorer
I am new to dinghy towing too, but I did just hook up our 2012 SRX to our motorhome and pull it about 30 miles and it seemed to work real good.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
what does the owner's manual say under recreational towing or towing behind a motorhome.
bumpy