cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping With Toddlers

longislandcampe
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 26' rear living trailer from my parents a few months ago. While it's a great camper for a couple, it's a bit of a challenge for a family such as mine.

We used it once last summer when our son was 2 and he slept in a pack a play. We now have a baby girl and aren't quite sure how to handle the sleeping arrangements.

Naturally, our girl will be in the pack and play as she'll be about 1 by the time we go again. Our son will be 3 but still too young for the fold out couch or dinette. I was wondering if we should get him a sleeping bag with a possible air mattress underneath or perhaps a cot. He does sleep in a cot at his day care.

We'll probably have to remove the couch and put both kids to sleep where the coach was or remove one of the rear seats and put one kid there and one kid in the middle of the floor. We're open to either scenario.

I even looked at getting rid of the couch and getting one of those modular kid sofa things like this. Kids couch

Any thoughts?
17 REPLIES 17

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have seen deals that look like fences, hinged to fold flat to store but when folded out to a L, allowing 1 leg to slide under cushion, make the 4th side of kid cage.

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
A three year old can sleep on a dinette bed. Roll a big blanket up and place it across the open side if it will make you feel better.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Live dangerously and let your 3 year old sleep on the couch or dinette bed?
Seriously, youโ€™re overthinking this or overprotective.

At least heโ€™s not sleeping with you and your wife at night. Thatโ€™s just poor parenting.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold